Mobil 1™ Synthetic LV ATF HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last summer I called Mobil tech and at that time XM didn't have a M1 LV ATF. So I used Motorcraft LV. I have been a 25 year user of M1 ATF including my 2007 Fusion and have never had a trans problem(or PS PUMP). Hopefully I can find it soon for my next change. Thanks for the post.

Gerald

Currently its only listing Dexron approvals. I want that to be clear but it is an LV fluid but on the higher end of some available at 5.99

I'm not concerned with price as the performance of their lubricants are more than worth the cost. I would just like to be able to purchase it.

Sorry I meant Cst not cost. Its on the higher side of the Cst at 100C 5.99 vs 5.9 and it currently only lists dexron approvals and doesn't claim suitability for other makes

Over the year M1 ATF has lost its mojo - there are many excellent ATFs out there as a replacement.
Don't remember seeing M1 ATF in any store for the past many years - never knew what happened.!!!

wow finally
crazy2.gif

What took them so long?

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
Over the year M1 ATF has lost its mojo - there are many excellent ATFs out there as a replacement.
Don't remember seeing M1 ATF in any store for the past many years - never knew what happened.!!!

AAP(Advance Auto Parts) has it and it hasn't lost any mojo in these parts. From the PMs I receive several here(BITOG) use it with satisfaction.

Last edited:
Redline D6 and Amsoil LV Signature Series. I would pass on a Mobil ATF myself, just a hunch it would be mostly a group 3 with a spec PAO. Not when I can get the gravitas of Redline and Amsoil. And don't say cost, because it's another$25-$35 to get PAO or POE that has a high percentage of those two , not a thimble full like I would expect from Mobil.

Last edited:
I went with Motorcraft Mercon LV for my fusion. I hear good things about the Valvoline max life LV. Dexron VI and Mercon LV are very similar specs. They are both used in the series of transmissions jointly designed by ford and GM

Originally Posted By: Mainia
Redline D6 and Amsoil LV Signature Series. I would pass on a Mobil ATF myself, just a hunch it would be mostly a group 3 with a spec PAO. Not when I can get the gravitas of Redline and Amsoil. And don't say cost, because it's another$25-$35 to get PAO or POE that has a high percentage of those two , not a thimble full like I would expect from Mobil.

You know nothing about M1 ATF. Hunch? Just your opinion.

M1 ATF is a great investment for Dex3/Merc5 substitutes.
Briefly they came with a MV ATF and it served me well as well.
Amsoil and RL are good but a true value synthetic was M1, without a doubt. Period.
For the past few years they just disappeared from Walmart and AAP (at least the one in my woods).
Glad they are back with a bang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back