Coolant Flush - '07 Pacifica 4.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how to completely replace/flush coolant on a Chrysler 4.0L SOHC engine? It's essentially the same as the 3.5L SOHC. Should I just pull the block and radiator plugs, and simply replace the coolant that's drained? Or is a more elaborate flush recommended, and how would I go about that. Should I remove the thermostat when I'm doing all this?

I normally just do a drain and refill on my vehicles, but this one is at 130k and it's never had a coolant change. That's a good and a bad thing, at least it means nobody screwed it up by putting a universal / off-color coolant in. I plan on using Zerex G05 or some other chemically-compatible HOAT like Pentosin that's the OEM pink color.

You can probable just drain the radiator and refill. Zerex G05 and Peak Global Lifetime are both good choices.

Get the Lisle coolant funnel if you don't already have one. It is awesome and helps a lot
smile.gif

If you have the time, I would recommend going one more than the radiator drain. After draining the rad, fill it with distilled water. Run your engine with the heat on to flush out your heater core. Let cool and drain the rad again. Fill the rad with 100% coolant of your choice. Then run in the engine and top the coolant tank each day with with either mixed coolant or 100% coolant depending on the results of your coolant tester. ( a 5 buck item at any auto store.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back