Liquid Glass Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liquid Glass polish has gone out of business.

Liquid Glass was distributed by MPT Industries, well some good news, while you can't buy Liquid Glass in the can any more MPT Industries has repackaged Liquid Glass under their own label calling it Classic Polish/Finish.

I would guess that they would/could not get the Liquid Glass name due to legal issues so they have repackaged it under MPT's own label Classic Polish/Finish.

The Classic Polish/Finish is not as thick as Liquid Glass when you pour it out of the container but the color of the polish is the same as is the smell. I polished one side of my John Deere Tractor hood with Liquid Glass and the other with Classic Polish/Finish both go on about the same and both come off just as easy. The instructions for Classic Polish/Finish are pretty much the same as Liquid Glass including removal for painting.

I have also found a product called Finish First that is the same consistency of Liquid Glass but is more of a green in color instead of the blue that Liquid Glass is. From what I have been able to research Finish First was started when a partner in Liquid Glass had a falling out and he went and started Finish First, I would say Finish First is pretty much the same as Liquid Glass as well.

Finish First has the same thickness as Liquid Glass does and pretty much makes the same claims on the can as Liquid Glass does.

So while Liquid Glass is gone there are two alternatives that are derivatives of Liquid Glass that can take its place.

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
Wonder why Liquid Glass folded up their business.

NuFinish put them out of business.

There are so many products today that are better due to ease of use. Liquid Glass may have been ahead of its time but they were leapfrogged by the SIO2 sealants.

When liquid glass came out it was some good stuff. I waxed the bottom of my bass boat, the lower unit and the propeller, picked up 2 mph, even though i could not coat where the stringers and rollers were. Chemistry marches on.

Rod

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Wonder why Liquid Glass folded up their business.

NuFinish put them out of business.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

That's gotta be the funniest post I've read in months. Bravo.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
I heard to remove LG took mineral spirits and 0000 steel wool.

I’m sure your clearcoat , or what is left of it, looks nice and burnished.

HMS

I read online that the owner of LG was convicted of some NJ gun charge. Seems like it was a one man show at LG and now it’s gone.

I received Finish First today. It looks and smells exactly like LG. The instructions are similar as well. I will report back next week after I have had a chance to use the product.
Again, many thanks to the OP for the information. I was bothered that LG was no longer available.

Very bad news about LG Enterprises going out of business. I have been using LG Polish for 35 years. Tried others and always went back to LG. I could give a lot of examples of why LG was superior to other products I tried but that all seems moot at this point. Before John Heywang got into trouble, I spoke with him a number of times on the phone about his products and asked a lot of detailed technical questions he gladly answered. He was a very engaging fellow and I was surprised to hear about what happened. He also told me the formulas used were continuously improved over the years.

During one conversation he told me that MPT Industries was a distributor and he had a falling out with them years ago. He also stated that their products in no way duplicated those made by LG although the instructions and information on the MPT containers read almost exactly the same as LG products. LG switched to other distributors such as Auto Barn and Advance Auto and also sold a lot of product through Amazon during the final years. Don't know anything about Finish First. We did not discuss that product.

I am fortunate to have accumulated enough LG product to last a lifetime. Sad to see the LG era come to an end.

I think I will go open a beer and put a coat of LG on my toy/show car (2016 Charger Scat Pack)

Last edited:
Kinda reminds me a bit of John McAfee.

Sharp mind on his products...but maybe "not all there" from a personal perspective.

Kinda reminds me a bit of John McAfee.

Sharp mind on his products...but maybe "not all there" from a personal perspective.

Interesting.

I have been using Liquid Glass for 25 yrs and it is an amazing product. Best protection from bird dropining that I have found as long as you have at least 2 coats of LG on the car. Easy to apply, good shine(not a good as Zaino), long lasting. BUT as far as protecting your car from stone chips, don't believe it. My car still gets its fair share of chips and I don't belive that the LG reduces the chipping.

Last edited:
Looks like with a 24 month shelf life...people need to get busy and use/enjoy their Liquid Glass.

I have used LG polish a lot older than 24 months. Have not had any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back