New tyres for Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanley being the wife's 2007 Captiva.

we got it nearly a year ago, with 158,000km on it, she's put 20,000km on it since.

Came with mismatcehd tyres, Coopers on the front (didn't like them), and Pirellis on the back. Coopers date stamped 2011, so I was hoping they'd wear out, and didn't rotate them, Pirellis 2015.

Working on it the other weekend, I noticed that the kerbside front, you couldn't read "cooper" on it anymore, few kerb side dilemas, so decided to ditch them (old), and put a set of 4 mathcing tyres so I could safely rotate them properly.

Nearly went for
http://hifly-tire.com/product/vigorous.html H/Ts, great reviews from local people with them and $170/paw.

But came across a deal for Toyo Open Country ATII in the right size

Youre missing a center cap mate
smile.gif

Sorry, uploaded he pic from the phone..then fill in the details on the laptop.

Tyresales.com.au had the Toyos for $1,032 fitted.

Buy them off the web, they ship them to the ford dealer 200 feet down my street, who fits them. Phone call when they arrive, and make a date. They want the car for 3 hours as they are a dealer rather than a tyre shop that will do while you wait.

Dealer reckons he can't buy wholesale and fit for a better price, so he orders of that site for customers.

Bonus is that I kept the Pirellis to offload..and found a crew in one of them anyway.

I did something similar here. Bought the tires from Amazon and had the Ford dealer install them. They did a nice job for about $80 installed including old tire disposal. Old tires were Hankooks that were done after 65k miles on them. Well past their due.

Originally Posted By: Silk
We sell HiFly at work - they wear out very quickly. Like, in a year.

Really ?

That's not what the users around here are saying...but buyers aren't necessarily the best sources, as no choice that they made was ever bad.

(BTW, loving the TOYO/Captiva Combo)

Really. We are trying to get out of them for that reason, we are ripping off our customers. Using Vitora as our base tyre now, but people still want cheap, and I see HiFly being delivered every day. Took a couple off my NX Coupe and are on the trailer now, where wear isn't an issue.

Must be a different HiFly, they are the cheapest of the cheap here...that's why I got them for my NX Coupe. I check the date of every HyFly I do a safety check on...2mm and a year old...that's a pass, but they will be toast in 2 months. Grip and ride is fine, wear rate is dismal.

I know it's the weekend, but what would the 235 60 17s be over there ?

$170 quoted was less than the $260 for the Toyos, and half the price of some of the Yokohama products.

But there are another level about $30-40 below the hiFlys.

Bad weather today, some arctic blast coming in that means she should test it in the snow on Sunday.

Today was just rubbish wet roads, and wife was cheerily excited how good her tyres were in the wet and on painted lines.

Nearly snowing today, and with our visitor did some touristy stuff in the mountains.

VERY happy with the ride and handling, and handled corrugated dirt nicely also.

Nice choice. I run the same tires on my SUV and I'm very pleased with their performance on and off the road. Got them at 4wheelonline.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Arctic blast, almost snowing? It must have traveled the jet stream overhead. Record high temperatures in much of Canada last week.

-11C last night..coldest recorded in town, beat the last record by 3 whole Cs.

Talking to a girl on the train this arv, from Cork in Ireland, they are having 4 day runs over 28C...it's not cloudy and drizzly, and the grass went brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back