01 Audi TT Quattro $6k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a pic of my wife's 2001 TT. We've had it since it had about 16k miles on it and it now has 80k. It's the Quattro with the 225 hp 1.8L Turbo with a 6-speed manual. We had the timing belt and water pump changed at 60k and I've used Mobil 1 0w/40 on yearly changes and it doesn't burn any noticeable amount. We've also replaced oil in the Haldex unit several times over the life of the car plus changed the transmission oil once. One expensive problem these cars had was a faulty instrument cluster. I had mine rebuilt and it's going out again. The fuel gauge isn't accurate and the multi-function display is garbled.

Now for a list of the other things that have gone out; window regulator, blinker/4-way flasher relay, thermostat, Mass Airflow sensor, glove box latch, hydraulic lift on the convertible, several suspension components replaced looking to resolve a "clunk" in the suspension without success, exhaust cracked and had to be re-welded, might have been a few other things but I can't think of any more now. Suffice it to say it hasn't been up to my Honda standard of expectations!

Fun to drive though with decent power. I can't comment much on how well it handles since we just don't push it very far.

Last edited:
Just got back from looking at the TT.

The good:
Body in excellent shape
Interior mint
Agreed to pre purchase inspection

The bad:
All 4 wheels have massive curb rash
Rotors shot
Battery dead

The ugly:
Timing belt not done
Needs new clutch

The good/bad:
Woman driver (in her twenties)

Unknown:
Frame rust (I’m sure it’s not good)

She says she planned on keeping it but is moving out west. She called it her baby but obviously needs some attention. When I asked her about an inspection before purchase she said yeah you can have them come and check it out. I litterally laughed out loud and said we’d have to go there so they can put it on a lift and see the frame. She was hesitant about getting it there as the clutch is apparently gone. She could’ve mentioned that in our multiple messages or better yet in her ad. I think I’m running away from this one. Looking for something in the $6k range in good working order (wish me luck)

In the third picture it looks like it was just towed to the location. Since there's a flat bed wrecker in front of the car. So prob can't be driven any where.

Wow that cars worth like 500$ as it sits, so frustrating when poeple waste your time like that. Clutches are a huge job on those cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back