Castrol Edge supercar A 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
0w20 for a supercar?
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
0w20 for a supercar?
eek.gif

That's the oil used for today's IndyCar engines. I believe they have to use an "off the shelf" oil. Good luck finding it though.

0w20 for a supercar?
eek.gif

Well its look like that when its aston martin DB11 approval

Originally Posted By: 4WD
0w20 for a supercar?
eek.gif

No 30 or 40?

Maby in future, They have now 0w-20 5w-50 10w-60.

Wonder how this is different from any other GF-5 0W-20. It looks super ordinary on paper. Flash point is nothing special. MSDS indicates 75% - 90% Group III. VI is very high, but that's hard to interpret without an HTHS viscosity listed.

I'd be really interested to know what makes this oil tick. Also curious to know why it doesn't carry actual SN/GF-5 licenses.

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
0w20 for a supercar?
eek.gif

That's the oil used for today's IndyCar engines. I believe they have to use an "off the shelf" oil. Good luck finding it though.

That's this one. A different beast.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Wonder how this is different from any other GF-5 0W-20. It looks super ordinary on paper. Flash point is nothing special. MSDS indicates 75% - 90% Group III. VI is very high, but that's hard to interpret without an HTHS viscosity listed.

I'd be really interested to know what makes this oil tick. Also curious to know why it doesn't carry actual SN/GF-5 licenses.

Looks pretty TGMO-ish doesn't it ?

Originally Posted By: weasley
0w20 for a supercar?
eek.gif

Another oil for very high performance applications, with flash point and volatility numbers that are nothing special...

I feel like everything I know about oil is wrong. :p

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Would have loved to see the UOA if he used his recommendations at the track...just saying.

Wasn't it a central part of his rationale that he never really got those cars up to temp?

Now I wonder if that's the anticipated usage for which this Castrol 0W-20 is approved for the DB11...

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
0w20 for a supercar?
eek.gif

Another oil for very high performance applications, with flash point and volatility numbers that are nothing special...

I feel like everything I know about oil is wrong. :p

Quote:
additized kerosene may well be the optimum

Quote:
one could always add MMO to thin TGMO down

These are paraphrases, not direct quotes, however the additised kerosene, and the MMO to TGMO are the statements made.

0w20 for a supercar?
eek.gif

You are correct. Didn’t realize there was two supercar 0W-20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back