Purolator P14670 or Bosch Workshop Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using Purolator Classics in all our vehicles (P14670) - no flames, please - and with combined mileage approaching 900,000 miles
(2001 Jeep GC, 2001 Dodge Ram, 1999 Dodge Ram) they've served us well.

Classics are getting real expensive and hard to find where I live so I'm considering the Bosch Work Shop 72137WS.

I'd appreciate suggestions. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: David2431
Been using Purolator Classics in all our vehicles (P14670) - no flames, please - and with combined mileage approaching 900,000 miles
(2001 Jeep GC, 2001 Dodge Ram, 1999 Dodge Ram) they've served us well.

Classics are getting real expensive and hard to find where I live so I'm considering the Bosch Work Shop 72137WS.

I'd appreciate suggestions. Thanks!

You can buy filters online.

Instead of doing that, consider ordering a case of Pennzoil or Quaker State filters off Amazon. They're Classics with a different paint job and can be had very reasonably for a case of 10, I don't believe they're sold individually as they are intended for the jobber market.

The up charge Purolator placed on the red can Classic is stupid, literally nothing changed but the color of the can! LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jongies3
Instead of doing that, consider ordering a case of Pennzoil or Quaker State filters off Amazon. They're Classics with a different paint job and can be had very reasonably for a case of 10, I don't believe they're sold individually as they are intended for the jobber market.

The up charge Purolator placed on the red can Classic is stupid, literally nothing changed but the color of the can! LOL

There is also Group 7 oil filters that you can get in bulk very cheap also.. They are basically Purolators that shops use.

I'm actually running a Bosch Workshop filter on my Fusion right now - a 72161WS - and I have another one in my stash. I have no qualms about running it for my full standard 7,500 mile OCI either.

I'll be doing a C&P on it once it has been removed during my next oil change. Considering that it compares to the FL910s, which tends to be pretty tear-proof, I don't expect any issues.

Have you checked Rock Auto ?

The Classics haven't been made for awhile. If you must use Purolator you might want to try Motorcraft. They pass USCAR-36 testing now. For your Chryslers they probably have the base end bypass like your Chryslers Mopar filters also have. Mopar is of course another Purolator made filter to consider.
I had a badly defective Bosch WS filter. It's their jobber filter. I had posted a thread about it some time ago. It's a cheap filter made by Purolator. Of course my defective filter doesn't mean they all are.

If you want cheap but high quality control premium filters, you can get Toyota filters for $34.50 for a case of ten delivered. They should have ones to fit cars with 3/4-16 threads. 90915-yzzD1 is equal to size 3614 in Fram

Originally Posted by David2431
I'm considering the Bosch Work Shop

I am also. $2.50 a filter on Amazon. Purolator Group 7 is $31 per case. Very enticing to a penny pincher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back