PZ 173 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a Co workers 2016 GMC Acadia with bout 7k on it. Put a wix she supplied and Valvoline Synthetic 5w30 in and on

Originally Posted By: Zee09
Always a fan of the color but not the filter.
Thanks for the cp!

Welcome back!
smile.gif

Looks good. Louvers appear large and far from blocking flow. Pleats don't look bad either. Not bad for a jobber filter.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Looks good. Louvers appear large and far from blocking flow. Pleats don't look bad either. Not bad for a jobber filter.

Yeah louvers look good

Does look good Captain. This made by Purolator correct if I'm right. You add a lot of great information and pictures on here. Thank you for all you do.

1) How can you tell if it's a good filter or not? Metal ends...no tears etc.? The media is there in plain sight but

2) There's a cheaper but good multi store near me (International Food Warehouse) which sold Pennzoil filters. I used to use them in my sister's first Jeep.
The yellow color looked cool next to the factory "yellow accented" bits under the hood.
Then I learned about other, more important, features a filter should have besides can color.

3) When I sold the Jeep ('88 Cherokee Pioneer) the buyer opened the hood and said, "Look at that filter!"

I gotta go back and see if they still sell them. I doubt it because auto parts stores are on every corner now.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Does look good Captain. This made by Purolator correct if I'm right. You add a lot of great information and pictures on here. Thank you for all you do.

You're welcome hoss
smile.gif

Hope your taking care of the girlfriend and "the boss"
smile.gif

Yeah we are doing all right. The "boss" is being a bit lazy today. Hard to find good management
lol.gif

Wish I'd have saved the one that came off my Contour, it hadn't been changed since May 2011 (sat most the time until I bought it, barely above 3k on the change) but I wound up throwing it in the dumpster. It was a very greasy, dirty PZ-173, but had the old holy center tube instead of louvers. Kinda makes me wonder what a pre Tearolator era jobber filter was like! Although this one you posted looks great, maybe Purolator is improving! I'll have to save and cut the FL-500S the car has on it now when the time comes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back