East Penn made Valuepower group 24f details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys just want to let y'all know that the group 24f Valuepower battery made by East Penn is the 624fmf model. It says that online but I don't trust Walmart's online information because I have seen many issues with their online information. This time it is accurate. I weighed my new Valuepower group 24f battery and it weighs 41 pounds. That easily confirmed that this battery is indeed the 624 model. The "lower" 524fmf model weighs only 37 pounds and has 90 minutes of reserve capacity. The weight also means that the reserve capacity is 115 minutes and the CCA really is 650. Though the battery has 600 on it. This makes this battery at $49.88 an extremely good deal. This same exact battery number has a 2 yr warranty through East Penn. It also has a 3 yr warranty through Auto Value and Federated Auto. The 1 yr warranty on this battery really is not a big deal given what it actually really is. Just wanted to pass this information along for those needing a group 24f battery.

Last edited:
I got a VP 24F in a Tacoma, 1 year warranty just expired. Mine is Johnson Controls though, says it on the label. 585 CCA which corresponds to current Walmart online info here. Curious to see how long it lasts. Truck not garaged and ime heat biggest factor in battery life. VP replaced Autocraft Gold dead before older Silver for garaged vehicle, still working. I occasionally put a maintainer on the VP, as I do for other batteries.

Haven't checked WM recently for VP 24F battery locally, but will next time to see if still a Johnson Controls battery here.

Yeah it surprised me Sayjac when I noticed that new case styles that showed up in my Walmart 9 months ago. They looked like East Penn batteries by the case. One of our astute members noted the EP on the sticker of one a couple of months ago. Which further made it clear that those batteries were in fact made by East Penn. This is typical because that's what they did at Kmart. The batteries aka Diehard made by East Penn there had the EP in the sticker and the ones made by Johnson Controls had JC obviously in their sticker numbers.

I wonder if this is regional?

I just bought a 24F VP last night for one of our cars with a 5/18 production date. Will check for a manuf label...

Last edited:
Could be... East Penn is only 7 hours away from my area. I bet it could easily be a regional deal. I give Walmart credit for getting a contract with EP because it makes sense. And the same exact battery is $130 at O Reilly's.

Checked WM a couple days ago, still JCI here. As are the EverStart Maxx batteries, which currently is my first choice should I go to top tier 3/5 year warranty battery.

Don't blame you for buying the top tier offering.

This here group 624f battery made by East Penn is the same exact battery which carries a 2 yr warranty free replacement from East Penn. This same battery carries a 3 yr free replacement warranty from Federated Auto. For $49 it is actually quite a deal at the end of the day. I am glad that my local Wally World has the EP version of those batteries. It makes sense given that East Penn manufacturing is only 6-7 hours away from my area.

Last edited:
I just picked one up for my newly acquired 2008 F350.
$50 in the size my truck takes is about half what most places wanted, I could clearly tell is was an East Penn made battery, so I jumped at it!
Always have had great life out of East Penn batteries!

Yeah you can't beat that cronk. I'm glad that Wally World went with East Penn in my area. And the fact the Valuepower battery is a higher level version 24f being the 624fmf makes it a great buy.

The case is the same for both batteries there my friend... They are actually the exact same case. Plus the Walmart Valuepower battery has EP in the serial number. EP= East Penn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back