Technical questions answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if the oil would work on an autocrossed 370Z nismo too
smile.gif

Thanks but I don't want to bother racing guys with PCMO questions.

I found my QSUD 10w30 magic juice.

Last edited:
It appears that their oils have super strong additive packages that may be too much for modern catalyst systems. That is the question I asked them. What the upper limits of moly/phosphorous/zinc/calcium etc are before harming modern pollution systems.

Any CAT harm only comes if your engine is consuming oil. No consumption, no harm because there is no partially burnt oil going down stream to the CAT. LOts of us have been running heavily dosed HDEO oils in passenger cars for decades, and our CATs last well past 200,000 miles and the engines pass SMOG testing just fine. It's not really a worry.

If, however, your engine is burning oil at something in excess of 1 qt per 1,500 miles, you will both ash cap and kill a CAT. Been there and done that too ...

Don't know. Received the email a few days ago and was only aware of the product recently.

i have seen their motorcycle oils advertised + discussed. they don't hide their blend oil % noting 50% ester in the blend. i don't expect full disclosure but when blenders like Amsoil answer NOTHING they are surely hiding "something" likely that they use cheaper base oils than in the years past but still charge $$$$. i like to know what i am paying for!!!!

Originally Posted By: benjy
i have seen their motorcycle oils advertised + discussed. they don't hide their blend oil % noting 50% ester in the blend.

Where are you seeing that? I've never noticed that 50% ester statement before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back