Caveat Emptor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use K&N oil and air filters on all of my cars. I sometimes cruise eBay for my particular part numbers, and sometimes get lucky and score a K&N HP series filter that fits my junk for under $10 shipped. This time I found an HP-1004, that fits my Optima and would also work on the wife’s Capri convertible, and if I’m feeling extra hotrod-like, also fits the zero turn mower. I won it for $1 plus $5 shipping, no big deal, and it arrived today in a non padded envelope. The box was torn up pretty good, but hey... it’s a K&N. It’s thick and strong and can get tossed around a bit and be ok. I open the box up and find a dented up Fram PH3593A. Well nuts. If it wasn’t all dented up I would have just chalked it up to experience and used it on the zero turn. But I don’t use dented filters. Oh well. Live, learn, and experience stuff. That is all. Feel better now that I’ve shared my $6 lesson. Good day folks.

There comming...............

You need to hang around here more. I won’t go into the quality issue of the k&n filters but 6 bucks is no bargain. Especially when you could get one on an oil change special for that much without much effort.

Emailed the seller and explained. Politely asked for a refund. We’ll see how it goes.

There is a process to get your refund through ebay. Highly recommend that route. Plus you should get a full refund that way, not a buck. But not thinking you'd have much luck dealing direct anyway with a seller that puts a Fram in the package for a KN Filter listing.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Just a "data point" question.

You're in Indianapolis....from HOW FAR AWAY did the dented Fram come?

That's all...just the distance. Thx

Prospect, Ohio. 191 miles away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back