STP Full Synthetic / Redline Blackstone Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dude should just post the results on this forum. Having to watch him slowly drone on while reading the reports is painful. I also got the impression he doesn't really understand the subject he is reading.

Originally Posted By: sloinker
This dude should just post the results on this forum. Having to watch him slowly drone on while reading the reports is painful. I also got the impression he doesn't really understand the subject he is reading.

Yeah it was painful.

I've got nothing against MACT (gentleman presenting in the video) but his speech pattern doesn't match my listening. I'm sure other's are just fine with it.

Lol... I agree with all of you.. I felt the same way watching this.. Still decided to post the video as I know a lot of people ( myself included ) use the STP Full Synthetic oil. .... I was actually somewhat impressed with it as it was said to be very much like Valvoline and actually has more Boron than Pennzoil... Probably why my engine is as quiet as it is.

Warren Distribution makes one version of STP full synthetic oil... Aka Best Parts version of it.. Some STP full synthetic is made by Amalie as well.. and AutoZone has a different blender as well.. The Dexos approval number is the exact same as this...

When I looked the STP full synthetic oil in my nearby store it had the same Dexos approval number as my Federated Auto full synthetic oil. I guess it maybe a regional circumstance that decides who makes the STP oil.

Which has the same Dexos approval number as Mag-1... So.. it's not related to Valvoline.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: johnnyz73
Lol... I agree with all of you.. I felt the same way watching this.. Still decided to post the video as I know a lot of people ( myself included ) use the STP Full Synthetic oil. .... I was actually somewhat impressed with it as it was said to be very much like Valvoline and actually has more Boron than Pennzoil... Probably why my engine is as quiet as it is.

I will no longer ridicule people who claim one oil is quieter than another. Apparently there is some validity to it:
https://www.castrol.com/en_cc/ccsa/produ...rm-up-wear.html

... so I believe you, I guess.

As for more boron (B) being better (Pennzoil Platinum PP has had low B in the past, true, like you said), it could be PP doesn't need it because the rest of the package doesn't leave piston deposits too much, which B helps clean up. Base oils, and which VII you use, how much POE or polymer esters you drop in, etc., all combine to dictate how much B you might need.

STP Full Syn is somewhat like the newest (dexos1 Gen2; SN+) "Valvoline Full Synthetic Advanced" (formerly SynPower), in that they are both a majority GroupIII syn.
I'd say the lastest Valvoline Full Synthetic Advanced is better because Valvoline has added titanium FM/AW to a typical moly-boron formula. And Valvoline's MaxLife full syns seem to be a cut above too, with dexos1 Gen2 ratings, rare on a High Mileage stye oil.

STP is actually the same as SuperTech (walmart) and the new Amazon.com generic oil, all by Warren Distribution (blender).

from another post:
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies

The Amazon 5w30 matches the dexos1 Gen2 license number (D10386HG025) for:
7-Eleven Full Synthetic
Accel Full Synthetic
Capital Bulk Full Synthetic (Warren Distribution)
Casey's Drive Professional Series Full Synthetic
Federated Auto Parts Full Synthetic
FVP Full Synthetic
Holiday Full Synthetic
Kum & Go Full Synthetic
Lubritek Full Synthetic
Maximo Full Syn
MAG1
Meijer Full Synthetic
Mighty Engine Guard Full Synthetic
Mighty Engine Guard Full Synthetic Blend (note it has the SAME dexos1 license as their Full-Syn product!!)
Parts Master Synthetic
Prime Guard Full Synthetic
Proline Full Synthetic
Roughneck Lubricants Full Synthetic
STP Full Syn
SuperTech Full Syn

UNO Ultra Full Syn
XP Full Syn

I will no longer ridicule people who claim one oil is quieter than another. Apparently there is some validity to it:
https://www.castrol.com/en_cc/ccsa/produ...rm-up-wear.html

... so I believe you, I guess.

As for more boron (B) being better (Pennzoil Platinum PP has had low B in the past, true, like you said), it could be PP doesn't need it because the rest of the package doesn't leave piston deposits too much, which B helps clean up. Base oils, and which VII you use, how much POE or polymer esters you drop in, etc., all combine to dictate how much B you might need.

STP Full Syn is somewhat like the newest (dexos1 Gen2; SN+) "Valvoline Full Synthetic Advanced" (formerly SynPower), in that they are both a majority GroupIII syn.
I'd say the lastest Valvoline Full Synthetic Advanced is better because Valvoline has added titanium FM/AW to a typical moly-boron formula. And Valvoline's MaxLife full syns seem to be a cut above too, with dexos1 Gen2 ratings, rare on a High Mileage stye oil.

STP is actually the same as SuperTech (walmart) and the new Amazon.com generic oil, all by Warren Distribution (blender).

from another post:

The Amazon 5w30 matches the dexos1 Gen2 license number (D10386HG025) for:
7-Eleven Full Synthetic
Accel Full Synthetic
Capital Bulk Full Synthetic (Warren Distribution)
Casey's Drive Professional Series Full Synthetic
Federated Auto Parts Full Synthetic
FVP Full Synthetic
Holiday Full Synthetic
Kum & Go Full Synthetic
Lubritek Full Synthetic
Maximo Full Syn
MAG1
Meijer Full Synthetic
Mighty Engine Guard Full Synthetic
Mighty Engine Guard Full Synthetic Blend (note it has the SAME dexos1 license as their Full-Syn product!!)
Parts Master Synthetic
Prime Guard Full Synthetic
Proline Full Synthetic
Roughneck Lubricants Full Synthetic
STP Full Syn
SuperTech Full Syn

UNO Ultra Full Syn
XP Full Syn

I am by no means an expert... I've simply read that motor oils high in Boron tend to run quieter...

I am by no means an expert... I've simply read that motor oils high in Boron tend to run quieter...
The only example of quieter was the Magnatec example above, and they achieve it, I think, by using some polymer esters, not Boron. Polymer Esters slime a metal surface due to high polarity, creating a slight cushioning effect. All oils have some kind of polar molecules, but it looks like Castrol has noticed the polymer esters in Magnatec are quieter.

Thats the limit of the evidence I have. I think you need controlled experiments with instrumentation to really know which oil is quieter.
A lot gets said and takes on a life of its own without real facts behind them many times.
It could be B has some cushioning effect, don't know, never heard it did. I did read where B can loosen piston deposits, but may also have AW or FM properties too.

Could be a regional thing. All I know is the STP 5W30 Full Synthetic I bought at AutoZone was marked AOC on the bottom (Amalie).

Last edited:
Remember oil_film_movies hearing aides only work unless they are put in, your ear canals are clean, and they have good batteries
lol.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back