Carquest 84060 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a friends 2016 Chevy Impala. Had Carquest Syn 5w30 and this filter for 6k

Put a tough guard and Harvest King syn 5w30 in and on

Does look rather good Captain. Thank you for all your work on here. Hope you've been doing good.

That's what I was thinking car51... At least this one held up good.

I got the Federated Auto oil filter on my car now. I'm pleased so far.

You are welcome KCJEEP
smile.gif

Carquest BLUE filters are very good.. I think they are made by CHAMP LABS but Im not 100% B/C AAP partners with Donaldson and Clarcor

Adam thanks for the C&P for 6K that looked very good to me. The only thing I didn't like is in picture 6 where the filter media was glued together the seam looked a little sloppy. I like the newer ones with the metal cap over the seam.

Originally Posted By: David1
Carquest BLUE filters are very good.. I think they are made by CHAMP LABS but Im not 100% B/C AAP partners with Donaldson and Clarcor

This is a Puro made filter. Took another one of these off today and had February 2018 date code on it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Adam thanks for the C&P for 6K that looked very good to me. The only thing I didn't like is in picture 6 where the filter media was glued together the seam looked a little sloppy. I like the newer ones with the metal cap over the seam.

Yeah i didnt like that seam either

Looks great until you get to the seam. Until manufacturers figure out how to make tight even pleating uniform around the whole filter, including the seam, they get a B- from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back