epson et-3600 ptinter

Status
Not open for further replies.
for my epson ET-3600 printer. had a hard time finding driver for Ubuntu . but my man got http://www.zedonet.com had a driver that worked. i had to pay 32.95. for full driver. BUT DO remember iam NOT an expert. my man figured it out.

I think if you have a printer plugged in and turned on while installing Ubuntu, it will probe for a printer and install a driver if there is one available.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I think if you have a printer plugged in and turned on while installing Ubuntu, it will probe for a printer and install a driver if there is one available.

I am not sure about Epson, but with Ubuntu and Mint and my HP, I've had better functionality with leaving it off until after the install is complete, then turn it on, ignore anything that comes up, and add the printer manually by having it seek for it.

I have a Workforce WF-2520 and had to go to Epson to get the driver. That being said it has been one of the easiest all-in-ones I have installed in Mint because of their driver.

In the futures you can just go to Epson to get your Linux driver:

Linux driver

It is the last choice.

I hear you about not being expert. I swear it took six months to be able to install a Canon MF4700n. First time I found a forum post from France that got it installed. Then found Debian Wiki. They proved extra dependencies you had to install in Terminal. Otherwise Canon driver did not work. I printed the instructions out since they are like Gold.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back