Peak Original Equipment Technology Coolants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone looked into this? I just put it in my bike, but now I'm reading about 2-EHA being generally bad, and now I'm wonderig if this has it. My bike had the same color green coolant as this stuff. Just wondering if it will cause any issues. They also have other various colors of the same "OE" coolant.

The only ingredients listed on the SDS (green Asian 50/50):

ethylene glycol (CAS No) 107-21-1
water (CAS No) 7732-18-5 < 50 Not classified

diethylene glycol (CAS No) 111-46-6 < 3 Acute Tox. 4 (Oral), H302
STOT RE 2, H373

denatonium benzoate (CAS No) 3734-33-6 30 - 50 ppm Acute Tox. 4 (Oral), H302
Skin Irrit. 2, H315
Eye Irrit. 2A, H319
STOT SE 3, H335

The specs and SDS are below the picture on this page:
https://peakauto.com/products/antifreeze-coolants/automotive/oet-asian-vehicles-extended-life-green/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Smash209
This needs more explanation on what you are asking.
Just wondering if it is 2-EHA formulated? Or if the chemical composition seems okay.

Last edited:
I see no 2EHA in that ingredients list.

FYI - 2EHA is going to show up on the list as "(Something) 2-ethylhexanoate". IE, "Sodium 2-ethylhexanoate" or "Potassium 2-ethylhexanoate"

Wouldn't necessarily be the end of the world if it had 2EHA, but if your bike doesn't spec it, it's best to avoid if at all possible.

From what I can see, you should be in the clear.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I see no 2EHA in that ingredients list.

FYI - 2EHA is going to show up on the list as "(Something) 2-ethylhexanoate". IE, "Sodium 2-ethylhexanoate" or "Potassium 2-ethylhexanoate"

Wouldn't necessarily be the end of the world if it had 2EHA, but if your bike doesn't spec it, it's best to avoid if at all possible.

From what I can see, you should be in the clear.

awesome thank you!

Originally Posted By: ThunderOne
..... Just wondering if it is 2-EHA formulated? Or if the chemical composition seems okay.

Answer to first question, I highly doubt it. The jugs and advertising appear to indicate a true Asian PHOAT, just like ZAF and WM Valv Asian Vehicle. So unlike Prestone's new AF line, no 2eha.

Composition looks fine, I'd bet the denatonium benzoate, is sodium benzoate. Same inhibitor found in ZAF and WM VAV and also their Peak Global Lifetime. Also shows on SDS as denatonium benzoate on PGL SDS too.

So I think it would fine in Asian applications including your bike. That said, WM carries VAV in red and blue tint and it's only ~$12/gal. I checked the price of topic AF at AZ, ~$20/gal. Too high.

If you have any questions about Peak AF's contact them using the online contact sheet. I've found them to be very responsive in the past. I contacted them on the topic AF awhile back to ask when and where it would be hitting the shelves. Currently looks exclusive to AZ.

Peak seems to have CCI in Lemont, IL do their blending and packaging. CCI also supplies the Japanese OEMs and Zerex Asian is a CCI product rather than a BASF product like their regular green and G-05/G-48/G-30(VW G12)/G-40(VW G12++ and G13).

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Originally Posted By: ThunderOne
..... Just wondering if it is 2-EHA formulated? Or if the chemical composition seems okay.

Answer to first question, I highly doubt it. The jugs and advertising appear to indicate a true Asian PHOAT, just like ZAF and WM Valv Asian Vehicle. So unlike Prestone's new AF line, no 2eha.

Composition looks fine, I'd bet the denatonium benzoate, is sodium benzoate. Same inhibitor found in ZAF and WM VAV and also their Peak Global Lifetime. Also shows on SDS as denatonium benzoate on PGL SDS too.

So I think it would fine in Asian applications including your bike. That said, WM carries VAV in red and blue tint and it's only ~$12/gal. I checked the price of topic AF at AZ, ~$20/gal. Too high.

If you have any questions about Peak AF's contact them using the online contact sheet. I've found them to be very responsive in the past. I contacted them on the topic AF awhile back to ask when and where it would be hitting the shelves. Currently looks exclusive to AZ.

Yes, my bike is a 2006 GSXR and it says it works with pre-2010 Suzukis. I did notice that it looked like a new product and I did pick it up at AZ. The price does seem a bit high for coolant.. perhaps the price will go down after the product settles into the market for a couple of years. At least it's much cheaper than the Suzuki branded ECStar coolant ($8 a quart!).

Thanks everyone for the awesome info! I don't know much about coolants and when it comes to something I don't know much about, I generally try to stick with the closest OEM equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back