Driveway Sealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide to apply driveway sealer. Driveway is cracked in a few places, probably has 5-7 years left before needing replacement.

I have read where sealer is mostly 'cosmetic'. I can't do a new driveway, costs too much right now.

Is there a brand that is better then others, see them all at box stores. I don't mind buying the better grade to clean up driveway a bit but
is that better brand worth it? Also have see local companies that spray on coating, would that be better (of course more money!).

Just chatting here...

I've gotten the best service from the Henrys driveway sealer. The last time I resealed my driveway, I used sealer that I bought from Home Depot and it isn't holding up very well. The next time I do the job, I'll stop by Lowes and buy the Henrys sealer which is a bit more expensive. If you have cracks, you will need to use a crack filler as the slurry coat doesn't do a good job of filling in the cracks.

I just had 8 pails(4.75gal) delivered to my home, no charge. These were the cheapest ones that Home Depot has at $15.99/pail. It last 2 years, covers decently and can be driven on in 24-36 hrs.

My driveway(1900 sq.ft) is 34 years old and also in need of a full replacement but, only due to dipping/heaving, tree roots growing underneath, and typical cracking. No broken pavement or picking up. I'm not in a hurry to spend $6K on a tear up & replace.

The guy(we worked together in the 70s) that put in my driveway 34 yrs ago, put in 12" of crush & run base along with a 4" of binder and 2" top(over a 2 yr period of time) which is why it's lasting this long.

Unless its hot tar - don't waste your money with LATEX or AIRPORT sealers in the pails.

Have a good hot tar sealer irrigate the crack and tar them in.

Originally Posted By: SVTCobra
I've purchased but have yet to use the Rust Oleum driveway sealer. Henry was 2nd on this list and Rust Oleum third. Just reading the instructions it only requires one coat whereas most sealers require two coats, so it costs about the same.

http://review10s.com/best-driveway-sealers-reviews/

Please provide a review of the epoxy driveway sealer. I am buying some shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back