Dominos Filling Potholes And Bellies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domino’s Pizza is filling in potholes in towns across the U.S. with a new ‘”Paving for Pizza” initiative. The American pizza chain announced on Monday that it will help “smooth the ride home” for deliveries by making pothole repairs in towns nominated by their customers.

Domino’s is offering to fill ‘cracks, bumps and potholes’ to smooth road conditions. The initiative is aimed at ‘saving pizza.’ Picture courtesy of Domino’s Pizza.”Have you ever hit a pothole and instantly cringed?” Russell Weiner, president of Domino’s USA explains, stated in a press release. “We know that feeling is heightened when you’re bringing home a carryout order from your local Domino’s store. We don’t want to lose any great-tasting pizza to a pothole, ruining a wonderful meal.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dominos-p...-130802630.html

Originally Posted By: BJD78
Domino's pizza dough is probably hard enough to use as pothole filler, so why not??

Have you had it in the last couple years? Quite good now actually

They actually had commercials where they basically apologized for the quality of their pizza. I didn't think it was much different than the other pizza places.

Cities across the USA can't take care of it's failing infrastructure. New Orleans is a prime example. Neighborhoods started fixing their streets and were threatened by City Officials because of permits etc.

The city I live in incorporated in 1980 and the streets are despicable. They recently increased taxes just to fix the failing infrastructure.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

I heard that they upped their pizza game some. Have not had Dominos for probably at least 15-20 years. My wife is a school trained Chef so she can make pizza that is far far superior to any chain place here in Lincoln. Though Val's and Piezano's do make fine pizzas I would give Val's a slight edge.

Dominos is okay. Takes a village to raise kids. If they want to help, kudos to them. Everyone should contribute. Mercedes rebuilded their own factory without much help or unions. We need to help by cleaning up broken glass and doing the same. MAGA

Another thought... Why wait for government to fix what they already broke. Give me the material and I will fix it myself. I think the entitled who received assistance should partake in this adventure. Renters VS home owners proves that ppl that own have more pride in their lots.

Let me get this now. Dominoes hires asphalt trucks with crews that block traffic so that these holes can be filled, with flag wavers to direct traffic around the work crews.

A liability nightmare, and I'm guessing a violation of most traffic laws for companies not hired by the government to perform on public streets and highways.

I can just see a couple of Dominoes crews blocking off a lane or two of I-95 by me during the evening rush.

Originally Posted By: cheesepuffs
Originally Posted By: BJD78
Domino's pizza dough is probably hard enough to use as pothole filler, so why not??

Have you had it in the last couple years? Quite good now actually

I tried one right after they claimed their quality had improved...I didn't see it...

Sounds like an effective marketing campaign. Not that I'll buy Dominos but apparently we're all talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back