Skunk but not the smelly one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I had any sense, I started off my mechanic career at a Honda dealer. I moved onto to bigger and better things=UPS semi trucks.
I've driven customers riced out Civics. Most of the time the riced Civics were loud without adding any meaningful power and rode like garbage.
If you wanna work on something, buy a GTI and leave it stock. It'll break down on you. But it's better to work on a GTI
than work on ricing out a turd.

What a bunch of losers!

It's a nice looking oil cap. Nothing wrong with a little dress up. Same guys would probably go nuts over a $1000 aluminum accessory drive on a V8.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
What a bunch of losers!

It's a nice looking oil cap. Nothing wrong with a little dress up. Same guys would probably go nuts over a $1000 aluminum accessory drive on a V8.

I agree,nice looking oil cap. Tasteful engine bay dress up. If everyone would look at his sig,he has suspension and exhaust performance upgrades. Tien and Borla are among the best in import performance parts.

I wish imports got a little more love. Here is my daily driven sw20 mr2.

+1 for your honda. Your mods list looks good. Probably an awesome car.

Be willing to bet there's more than one member reading this with unnecessary dress-up parts on his SUV or PU or Harley (for sure).....

170K in 3 years?? Good grief man, you must live in that car. If you have a 40 hr/wk job how do you do that?

Great looking MR2 there TV, Toyota really nailed the styling. Later years not so much.

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
I wish imports got a little more love. Here is my daily driven sw20 mr2.

+1 for your honda. Your mods list looks good. Probably an awesome car.

I sure like that MR2. Like a little Ferrari

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
What a bunch of losers!

He he he
thumbsup2.gif

They have to spend a bunch to support the bailout. All that horsepower just to go in a straight line but can't get 300k out of their cars. This has got to be the most hateful and liberal car forum I've ever seen. Glad my car was made by Americans in Ohio without a leftist agenda.

I think it looks quite tastefully done (like the stock look going there as well) I wanted(and may still_ do some simple upgrades on my old Cavalier (sure I can hear the laughing)...

I've always respected both worlds (old school and new) because I have been involved in both. Simply put, it's for the love of the cars either way...

Besides, it makes i much more fun to drive!
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: Marco620
They have to spend a bunch to support the bailout. All that horsepower just to go in a straight line but can't get 300k out of their cars. This has got to be the most hateful and liberal car forum I've ever seen. Glad my car was made by Americans in Ohio without a leftist agenda.

Nah, they just don'r get the car thing...they try to make too much sense out of it.

Life is short...we all love different things....if they don' get it, oh well..

Besides, there are still many of us here with an open mind....

Originally Posted By: Marco620
No need to worry about that, this forum is unbelievably conservative. Makes me gag a little. And I'm not even a liberal!
crackmeup2.gif

As long as you like it and don't put an eBay coffee can exhaust on it, good job!

I don't understand why you get so much hate on here. I guess people think you're wasting your money but its your money to do as you please. I've seen some cars that look (in my opinion) tastelessly modified. It would never stop me from talking with that person though and possibly having a car conversation with them. The only thing that really matters is that what you do to your car brings you joy, don't let the haters bring you down. How long have people been putting those cheap looking chrome valve covers on 350 Chevys? It's just a dress up item but you rarely see any hot rods with anything else unless its an expensive aluminum valve cover but that's still for looks too. Car people come in all types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back