Name me some luxury well built vehicles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soft plastics, real leather, interior sealed so tight your ear drums pop when you slam the door shut. Excellent acceleration and a powerful AC, with advanced lighting.

Not interested in European Vehicles. VW/BMW OUT of the question.

Lincoln.com
Cadillac.com
Lexus.com
Infiniti.com
Genesis.com
Acura.com

Last edited:
Materials, styling and some badging are the exact same in my Mustang as my buddy's Lincoln. Not impressed.

High end Ford and GM trucks fit those criteria anymore. A Platinum, Limited or King Ranch Ford or High Country/Denali Chevy or GMC. Maybe Ram as well. I don't see many of their high end models in my area.

Lexus is the best. The only way to get luxury and prestige with Toyota Quality
smile.gif

Not going European really limits your options, but I would actually look into Infiniti lately. Some very crisp new designs they’ve got.

Whatever you buy, make sure it has heated AND cooled seats plus a heated steering wheel.
Yes on Infiniti. Buy a Q70 if you can afford it. Option one with the 420 HP 5.6 V8 and the 7 speed automatic.
AWD or RWD, your choice.

Any car that goes is a luxury.

If its 20 years old and still going it was probably well built.

That should narrow the list down a bit for you.

Originally Posted By: Starman2112
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
If you're not buying German it's got to be Lexus.

It’s got to be Lexus regardless.

I guess, if you like predator face and mediocre performance.

Give me reliability or give me death, amirite?

I'm in a unique position. I work for a very wealthy person, with an incredible fleet of cars. From time to time, I get to drive one of his very high end cars from the airport to his home. I also travel a lot and get to rent all sorts of cars/SUV's. HOWEVER, my opinions center on driving dynamics, performance and seat comfort.

Big Mercedes SUV's like the 550 are impressively comfortable, likely very capable vehicles, and I hate them. Nothing about the way they drive is pleasing.

Infiniti cars like the Q50 and Q70 fall a bit short of modern standards. They are not that comfortable and drive like an Altima. Albeit without the torque steer.

The Charger, Challenger are basic but enjoyable to drive, the higher end flavors of the Chrysler 300 V8 is one I really enjoy driving, powerful, quiet, smooth, big enough and fun enough for a big car.

In fact, I did a back to back rental with an Impala, Q50 and 300 (in order of quality from worst to best) . The 300 V8 was HANDS DOWN a more pleasing car (and much faster/quieter/refined/comfortable) in all conditions. There really is something very pleasing about a smooth V8 and rear wheel drive.

An SUV that I liked was a well equipped GMC Acadia Denali AWD with the V6. Mostly because it drove well, handled well and was responsive while having a nice comfy interior. Not really an uber luxury ride, but quite good in it's own way. Plus I could get in and out of it easily. It was just the right height for my aching knees.

The various Lexus offerings are always OK. Never spectacular in any one thing, but comfortable, quiet and capable. The previous LS variants compete well with Mercedes and I think also manage to feel about as numb as the big Merc's. The 2018 LS 500 looks interesting, with a very long stroke V6 turbo.

Oh, and I got to drive a La Ferrari a little. Insane comes to mind.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JLTD
Originally Posted By: Ursatdx
Lexus comes to mind.

My very first thought when seeing the thread title.

They definitely set the bar very high...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back