Do you floss your teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is more important than brushing. Brushing, flossing and listerine is the key. When I do not floss, I can feel the stuff between my teeth and the soreness of my gums where there is debris.

One thing I have noticed is that the dental industry really wants you to buy consumables. Floss, toothpaste, new toothbrush/head every 3 months and mouthwash. My mom told me that she damaged her gums from over brushing when she was young, but she also smokes so idk about that. When she told me that, I realized: Dentists suggest a rigorous maintenance schedule with lots of expensive consumables, charge for cleanings that in theory you should not need if you follow their orders, and then possibly surgery for damage caused by maintenance.

I should have been a Dentist.

Everyday. Flossing is at least as or more effective than brushing when it comes to cavity and gum abscess prevention.

When one realizes that when tooth decay/cavity begins in between two teeth, the only way to get at the cavity to is to drill down from the top of the tooth thru non decayed tooth material to access, flossing is a no brainer.

Flossing your teeth is the equivalent of replacing your oil filter with each oil change.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Flossing your teeth is the equivalent of replacing your oil filter with each oil change.

I would say it is the equivalent of cleaning out the area in the front fender behind the wheel, where all the mud and leaves lurk to rust your fenders out. Get that junk out of there or else you will have big problems!

Last edited:
Yes, although I only floss once/day. I should do twice, as junk is between the teeth whenever there is junk on the teeth.

I started flossing on a regular basis after I realized that I could get cavities between teeth--and if I didn't like having my teeth drilled, then I liked even less to have them drilled between the teeth!

I heard on WBZ 1030 AM Recent published studies have shown NO BENEFIT. So that's good for me being somewhat lazy and this being a weird and awkward proposition. I also read dental prophylaxis with gum trimming may introduce harmful bacteria into the blood stream that will destroy heart valves.

I see no need except after eating stringy meats or getting that odd corn root outta there
smile.gif

do what you feel is right.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I heard on WBZ 1030 AM Recent published studies have shown NO BENEFIT. So that's good for me being somewhat lazy and this being a weird and awkward proposition. I also read dental prophylaxis with gum trimming may introduce harmful bacteria into the blood stream that will destroy heart valves.

I see no need except after eating stringy meats or getting that odd corn root outta there
smile.gif

You are sadly uninformed. You heard one wierdo say its a waste and that trumps the entire health industry? And bty not flossing makes bacteria getting into the blood stream far more likely. One of the huge incentives for flossing is prevention of heart valve damage. But whatever.
smile.gif

I had gum disease and aggressive cleaning by dentist and flossiong and I have no more #4 or higher pockets.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

smile.gif

You are sadly uninformed. You heard one wierdo say its a waste and that trumps the entire health industry? And bty not flossing makes bacteria getting into the blood stream far more likely. One of the huge incentives for flossing is prevention of heart valve damage. But whatever.
smile.gif

I had gum disease and aggressive cleaning by dentist and flossiong and I have no more #4 or higher pockets.

Yeah but he was on the radio not some internet forum. AM radio trumps the interweb.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Sometimes I floss but I like these much better and they work better for me.
https://www.gumbrand.com/gum-proxabrush-go-betweens-cleaners-tight-10-ct-1.html

While these are great for cleaning around the teeth, if there are teeth touching, nothing beats flossing.
It fits into that super tight area that no brush can touch

LOL well frankly my teeth are so tight I have problems with floss breaking. With these in the thinnest style they work just fine. My dental tech told me these were better than floss if I'd use them. Is it worth it well I'll be 75 pretty soon and I still have my teeth. How many people over 74 do you know that still have all their teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back