Rotella T4 10w30 or Harvest King all fleet 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad acquired a 92' Dakota with 3.9 v6 with 90,xxx on it. He asked about oil for it. Said i could get him HK 10W30 all fleet CJ/SM rated for $8.99 gallon or Rotella T4 conventional 10w30. Rotella conventional 10w30 is $13.47 at Rural King. What say the BITOG faithful?

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I missed something here ???

Nope. Its dads truck. He ptobably wont.drive it 4k a year. I.personally like Rotella stuff. The new multi vehicle isnt.stout.and is rare to find let alone buy.

PimTac: what would you choose?

Thank You

Originally Posted By: car51

Nope. Its dads truck. He ptobably wont.drive it 4k a year. I.personally like Rotella stuff. The new multi vehicle isnt.stout.and is rare to find let alone buy.

Thank You

I was confused because you asked for a pick between the HK and the Rotella. Someone chose HK and then you stated you won’t use it due to Citgo making it.

I’ll play it safe, Rotella.

Thank You

I was confused because you asked for a pick between the HK and the Rotella. Someone chose HK and then you stated you won’t use it due to Citgo making it.

I’ll play it safe, Rotella.

Dad asked me who made HK; I told him. HE Isnt opposed to using it. He has used rotella before. I vote Rotella as it has good results. Does HK? He said he would let me know soon

PimTac: we also dont know much on HK oils as well. Maybe i am crazy but CITGO could be more forthcoming with info when folks ask.

PimTac: we also dont know much on HK oils as well. Maybe i am crazy but CITGO could be more forthcoming with info when folks ask.

Adam, I actually agree with you. The Citgo association With Venezuela pretty much crosses that brand off my list. I don’t use Arco gasoline for the same reason plus their debit card scam.

You could run anything in that Mopar Dodge. The Rotella will be fine.

PimTac: dad called me a bit ago ad he's now looking at the Valvoline Maxlife 15w40. I said "I'm looking right now at a VOA of.it and I'd go with it since Wal Mart has it :)"

Can’t go wrong with Maxlife.

Yeah, that Maxlife looks darn heavy add laden compared to Rotella but....

I'll let ya know what he decides

car51,

I also have a 3.9 as does my son-in-law. I've used 5w-20, 0w-30, 5w-30 and 10w-30. That engine is VERY easy on oil and doesn't care what you put into it. It didn't run any different, get any better gas mileage and didn't sound any different with any of the oils I tried. So we both just settled on what the factory recommends, 10w-30. Close your eyes and pick a 10w-30 and your father will be fine. I wouldn't use a x40 or HDEO though.

Its CITGO made and i dislike to say least supporting Venezuela. Would you support Citgo?

Yes I do. Nobody screwed us more than China and people have no issue using their products. I have an old stash of Citgo 10w30 hdeo. I have no problem using it.
I live in a farm community and Canada throws a 270% tariff on our dairy products..
You could find reasons not to deal with the entire world.

Originally Posted By: Zee09
Its CITGO made and i dislike to say least supporting Venezuela. Would you support Citgo?

Yes I do. Nobody screwed us more than China and people have no issue using their products. I have an old stash of Citgo 10w30 hdeo. I have no problem using it.
I live in a farm community and Canada throws a 270% tariff on our dairy products..
+1 !!! The Dairy operations around here are feeling the pinch..

Pretty much all the employees of the Citgo refineries in the USA are American Citizens, most supporting families.

Wait a minute; you live in U.S.A. according to your sig

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot

Pretty much all the employees of the Citgo refineries in the USA are American Citizens, most supporting families.

I guess everyone missed point that CITGO/VENEZUELA is communist place. I'll gladly refuse to support them also

Hey Jim, have you gone completely nuts?! Thought so

Hey Jim, have you gone completely nuts?! Thought so

Watch the cheap shots fellow. Ain't you a veteran?
You're okay with China stealing our military secrets?
I guess you're too young to remember Viet Nam? Most clothes come from there now.
You can pick a million battles. Do your own thing and let others do theirs.
Ain't that what many Americans died for??

Last I heard it is a free country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back