Cooking/Grilling, what are you making???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my mom died, I've been trying to make it a habit of cooking a meal for my Dad and brother on Sundays, it's the only time of week we're all not really doing anything, and can actually hang out for a bit. I'm sure it's the same way for most families.

I thought it would be cool to start a thread where people could simply post what they're making, with the recipe/instructions, and photos.

Today I'm making grilled lemon balsamic honey chicken. Whole chickens were 59 cents a pound, so I nabbed 4 of them!

Pretty easy recipe, similar to this, but I cut the chicken in half after taking the backbone out:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobb...-recipe-1948226

The marinade is fresh lemon juice, a ton of garlic fresh smashed, thyme, rosemary, balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, honey, oil, salt, pepper, and some generic poultry seasoning. Sitting in a ziplock in the fridge. Will post pics after it's grilled.

So what are you cooking???
thumbsup2.gif

Hickory smoked some meaty pork ribs last night. 160° for 1 1/2 hrs. with a commercial rub Yummm!

I'm grilling some boneless skinless chicken breasts,asparagus,whole fresh mushrooms,and potatoes on the grill. Something I can't ever find anymore (which is what I'd rather have) are skin on-bone in chicken breasts. I hit every store somewhat near me and boneless skinless is all they had. Does anyone sell skin on-bone in chicken breasts anymore?

Grilled brisket dogs today and smoked jalapeno sausage. Had it with potato salad, chips and ice cold corona.

My local grocer doesn't sell the meat I like to cook. One my favorites is boneless turnkey breast. Sometimes called turkey London broil. Brisket was like $25 for a few pounds and no Boston butts so I bought a beef London broil and fresh corn. Did a marinade with balsamic vinegar, garlic and other stuff. After marinating, used some BBQ rub on it. Put it on my kamado grill at 320F. Wanted 250F but overshot the temp. It was raining so had to rig up an old coffee can to act as a rain cap. Grilled until it hit 110F internal temperature, pulled it off the grill and then cranked the heat up to 500F. Grilled it until it hit 145F. Wanted 130F but overshot that, too. Shucked the corn and put them on the grill at 500F for 15 minutes. The meat was very good. The corn was fantastic.

Sorry about your mom.

Last edited:
Roasted Garlic and Cracked Pepper Pork Tenderloin.
Smoked on a 14.5" WSM (Weber Smokey Mountain) to an IT of 155.

Royal Oak Lump with a chunk o hickory for a little smoke flavor.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
My dindin. Grilled chicken breasts,asparagus,mushrooms,and a potato
laugh.gif

Heck yea! THAT is how I eat almost everynight. Meat, potato, and a veg. Looks awesome! And Asparagus. Hands down, my favorite veg.
cheers3.gif

Costco ribeyes. Rubbed with Kinders’ buttery steakhouse rub. Cooked for 20 min, indirect, at 280F until the internal temperatures reached 115F. The steaks were then wrapped while the Kamado Joe warmed up to a dome temp of 525F. I finished off with searing each side for 90 seconds.

Got really lucky yesterday. Picked up ~ 6#'s of skirt steak on sale for $4.50/#. Decided to back-up-the-truck. Today it'll go into the marinade, then I'll grill it tomorrow.

(Just remembered I forgot to buy charcoal! Rats.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back