Fire 8 HD Tablet to TV Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Looking to hook up my tablet to my new non smart tv set.
I have the micro b usb port on the fire 8.
So i need the adapter to go from the tablet to hdmi on the tv.
I want one that accepts the charger as well so I can get extended use out of the tablet.

Do you have a link to Amazon on the model you use?
Much thanks!
I just want to get it right the first time.

I researched this and found only a $50 adapter existed so no dice for daughter Kindle HD. Maybe things changed up never spent the money.

Does the Fire8 have a specific video out port? If not, a simple USB > HDMI adapter might not do anything except empty your wallet. Check your documentation or forums for your specific model and look for "Video Mirroring" or "External Video".

You may find you need something with what amounts to an external video card.

The thing is, video out is not as simple as just plugging in a cable. The Fire8 has to specifically have provision for it or it won't work. So if it's not in the documentation and the Fire8 forums don't know of a third party solution, you will be out of luck.

Were it me I would be looking at solutions over WiFi with something like a ROKU streaming stick or a Google Chromecast. That IS a pure data transfer, not requiring specific video provisions. See if that will work for you.

Does a Fire Stick or Box support it. It seems like a natural extension of a Fire HD. They are cheap enough and a wireless connection.

Thank you guys.
It only has that micro B port that is also the charging port
I have seen these devices listed but the results are often poor as noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back