Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CR94
Originally Posted By: marine65
Originally Posted By: Y_K
... You overpaid
... Really!
How So?
You can buy major brands for considerably less using rebates, or Harvest King for considerably less without rebates.

I dont do rebates.
Give me the discount up front,dont make me work for it.
No Harvest King near me.

I use Super Tech in all my four-stroke internal combustion engines. 5000mile OCI. Have for ten years. I get periodic oil analysis; all is good.
I also use Fram filters in some of my engines. Been using Fram since 1964. Never had an issue. A filter is a filter.

Really!
How So?

Sorry, that was meant to be a joke. Of course, if you despise the statistical game Cos play with 'rebates', you did pretty well.

Another venue you could try, if your locale allows this, finding a distributor near you. In my case, I was looking for a Chevron product, found a few distributors near me, and one of them is full of various goodies from a number of manufacturers under even bigger number of labels. For example, I get Motorcraft Mercon V well under $4, Kendall oils of all kinds, Havoline and Techrone deals, a rather rare MB-Approvaal listed grease from Chevron and a few more products from various other players at very good spot prices, no rebates involved. I also found a Mobil distibutor loclly, they have everything, but only Delvac gear oil was a screaming deal, the rest was at retail level. They offer excellent local service, if you are an entity of size, though.

the oil has been in the car for about 400 miles of city and highway driving.
The motor has not blown up yet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CR94
... You overpaid
... Really!
How So?
You can buy major brands for considerably less using rebates, or Harvest King for considerably less without rebates.

You mentioned rebates which are a roll of the dice at best.

Originally Posted By: Darren_L
the only thing I would be worried about is the Fram filter
eek.gif

Fran is honestly perhaps the best, most reliable oil filter brand on the market now. Remember when Fran was bad and Purolator was good? Tables have turned.

Really!
How So?

Sorry, that was meant to be a joke. Of course, if you despise the statistical game Cos play with 'rebates', you did pretty well.

Statistical game??? I thought they use rebate applications to get your phone number, email, address, etc. to sell to telemarketers and robocall companies! I still send them my info, though...

the oil has been in the car for about 400 miles of city and highway driving.
The motor has not blown up yet.

Of course if the engine should blow up, even 300k from now, someone will say it's because you once used ST. Or Fram.

Originally Posted By: cheesepuffs

Fran is honestly perhaps the best, most reliable oil filter brand on the market now. Remember when Fran was bad and Purolator was good? Tables have turned.

Not sure about those "Fran" filters...where do you buy them? At WalMart I see a similar brand, called Fram.

Originally Posted By: Darren_L
the only thing I would be worried about is the Fram filter
eek.gif

Who makes Fran oil filters?

The person with the most annoying voice in the world makes them:
giphy.gif

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
giphy.gif

Fran may have had the most annoying voice but she sure had a sweet body.
Oh and the Sentra hasn't blown its motor yet on the Super Tech oil.

giphy.gif

You can say that again! (And she affected the accent for the show; I saw an interview and although she was definitely from NY, the grossness wasn't there)

I dunno man, you're more than a month in here....
thumbsup2.gif

Still planning 10k interval?

Originally Posted By: JLTD
cheesepuffs said:
giphy.gif

You can say that again! (And she affected the accent for the show; I saw an interview and although she was definitely from NY, the grossness wasn't there)

I dunno man, you're more than a month in here....
thumbsup2.gif

Still planning 10k interval?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back