Boron 13

Silicon 14

Sodium 21

Calcium 2852

Magnesium 7

Phosphorus 1355

Zinc 1360

Barium 0

Sus Viscosity @210F 75.3 (Should be 65-76)

Flashpoint (F) 420 (Should be >375)

Fuel % -

Antifreeze % -

Water % 0

Insolubles % 0

First off, nice molly
smile.gif
, second, that's a lot of silicon, I'll have to keep it in mind during the UOA.

I'm currently running this in my 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S in addition to 1oz LC per quart and per 1k miles. I'll have a UOA in about 4k-5k miles.

I'd run it without the LC. RL doesn't need that IMO. How long of a drain? I hope it's more then 5k miles.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
I'd run it without the LC. RL doesn't need that IMO. How long of a drain? I hope it's more then 5k miles.
smile.gif

No more than 5k, this oil is fairly thick, I definitely notice it on startup and until it warms up. Car normally calls for a 30W at temp and I got it for quart at Advance AutoParts when I heard they had it on clearance, wanted to experiment with a 40W just to see what the UOA would look like.

That and it's my first run of this oil type/viscosity so I don't want to run it out too long.

quote:

Originally posted by CincyGTS:

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
smile.gif

No more than 5k, this oil is fairly thick, I definitely notice it on startup and until it warms up. Car normally calls for a 30W at temp and I got it for quart at Advance AutoParts when I heard they had it on clearance, wanted to experiment with a 40W just to see what the UOA would look like.

That and it's my first run of this oil type/viscosity so I don't want to run it out too long.

So you are running a thicker oil than required because it was cheap?

You notice it is too thick yet you still bought it?

I don't get it.
dunno.gif

You could use it one quart at a time to beef up a regular dino oil. Then you would not be running anyting too thick.

[/QUOTE]So you are running a thicker oil than required because it was cheap?

You notice it is too thick yet you still bought it?

I don't get it.
dunno.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

My mistake, I have run 40 weights in this car even though the US manual doesn't list it, particularly when I had to make a 2000 mile trip (round trip) when it was 90+ out for days. I didn't do a UOA then and what the **** , why not try it and see what pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back