How many vehicle accidents have you been in?

Over my 42 yrs of driving I can think of 6 accidents I have been in. All minor with no injures and vehicles still drivable. 3 my fault.

I bumped a lady at a turn left (your right) anytime once...my fault.
Got ran into by an oversped mini not long after
Backed into a post 5 years ago.

First two were blinker damage only
Last one was bumper damage.

:taps wooden table wildly:

Knock on wood, I bumped someone once when I was 17, no damage. Since then no claims, Im 35 now, and still have the car I bumped someone with haha.

My Subaru Forester has a dent that looks like someone was tossed off a second floor balcony and landed on my hood. I have no idea about the dent. About $1500 to fix, as most likely needs a new hood. And windshield has crack near rearview mirror. No idea about that either. We live in the woods. Insurance paid for it under comprehensive. I said maybe it was a bear.

Does this count as an accident?

Depends on what you mean by accidents. I backed into a fire hydrant 3 years ago. Can hardly notice the indent in my bumper.

Been in 2 wrecks slid off the road in a rainstorm and murdered a few trees and the second i was in a pileup on the interstate i had broke my right foot and suffered a contusion.
neither my fault.

In my lifetime, once as a passenger.

In ~30yrs of licenced driving, 2 that required major body work.

2, neither were my fault. Each time, sitting at a traffic light, rear-ended by an inattentive driver. Both times I had my foot on the brake and still hit the car in front of me. Both times resulted in significant damage with crunched bumper, bed (or trunk the other time) and hood.

In my 41 years of driving I've had 4, 2 were my fault, first 3 were fender benders, but my Last one 18 years ago (12-10-2000) was my last and worst.
Accident was not not my fault, I was in the 87 Bronco II doing about 35 to 40 ( no air bag and no seat belt on) woman in the other car came right into my lane and I didn't have enough time to avoid her, I came out with a broken femur ,and soar all over,now have a rod in my leg, the woman I don't know how badly she was hurt but know she wasn't dead.
Spent about a week in the hospital and about 3 weeks in a rehab facility.
I now ride with a seat belt and headlights on.

These are police taken photos.The traffic lights in the photo are always green and are used as a crosswalk light only.

Last edited:
Two accidents in 51 years of driving:

1983: driving a law enforcement vehicle and struck a pig farmer's truck in VA (my fault)
2004: driving a 1998 Acura TL and struck a deer in my neighborhood (deer's fault)

Wow! I think the lady in the Buick probably faired much better than you did!
I also think the considerable rust of the Bronco (as well as the seatbelt) were contributing factors to you injuries.
eek.gif

I've had two. One I was a passenger at the age of about 5, and the other when I was 20. That one I can admit I was at fault for. Nothing serious, but I totalled my 1990 Protégé. I was secretly happy, as I really despised that car. Bonus for me was when insurance paid me more for the car than I paid for it a month earlier.

Never bent metal with another car. Got my bumper thumped at a toll booth but no damage was done. I did back my olds silhouette over a stump at my in-laws' while turning around in their driveway. Perfect height, it slipped under the rear bumper and hit my shock absorber, bending its rod. Van rode real stiff on the way home. $28 later it was like it never even happened.

I've had two, not my fault. Got rear ended in both.

March of 2016, I was in the Camry when I got rear-ended making a right hand turn at an intersection. I had to stop for a woman crossing in the crosswalk and a truck clipped the corner. Totaled the Camry, still looks the same but I stuck a new tail light on it.

April of 2017 I was driving the Sonata on the freeway when traffic in my lane came to a stop. 2 more cars behind me stopped as well and a woman wasn't paying attention and plowed into the back of a car that pushed a car into another which bumped me. Was $2,450 to fix

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
April of 2017 I was driving the Sonata on the freeway when traffic in my lane came to a stop. 2 more cars behind me stopped as well and a woman wasn't paying attention and plowed into the back of a car that pushed a car into another which bumped me. Was $2,450 to fix

Did that include your diminished value claim?

My first car, 89 Corsica. Met a Cherokee, lost the driver side door/window, front fender. The Cherokee didn't get a scratch.
Couple of slides that caused wheel damage, one snow, one lady pulling out in front of me.
Was involved in, but not driving at the time, a 140mph spin out. Lost the back of the thigh, 80% of the muscle and about 6 inches of the sciatic nerve, almost lost the private parts, but the seat belt kept me from elevating into the path of the pipe that pierced the vehicle. Missed the knee by half inch, and the rest of the bones by even less, and somehow I didn't bleed, lucky lucky. The 3.2 TL had the side windows intact, everything else was trashed. And as one of the guys said "beef jerky everywhere".

Hit twice a kid.
First time was going over speed bump super slow. Some kid stole something from someone and was running and literally hit my hood. Fell over and broke arcade. Lot of blood, I put him in a car and drive him to hospital to point where police saw me driving like a maniac and fallows me. Luckily only 4 stitches.
Second time, going maybe 80km/h, within speed limit. Unfortunately was waiting on new tires to be delivered. had POS Hankook's on a car. Bought them out of curiosity to check the brand. Kid starts to cross street on a bike, does not look left or right. I hit the brake, tires loose traction momentarily although it was like 30c degree outside. Hit the horn hard, kid turns, starts turning back, I think OK (all this is going on is a second). But for whatever reason he stops. I figured tires are not braking at all. I hit the gas pedal and steer left, manage to hit is back tire. He just had some bruises.
Since then anyone who tells me that certain tires are "good enough" I cringe. In this case, literally 1/4 of a foot was reason why I hit the kid. If one tire brakes 2ft over some other tire, that is tire I am getting. That is why I have never, never again considered getting anything that is not Michelin, Continental, Pirelli, Bridgestone or before Good year (now not anymore). When I bought in 2012 VW CC CPO at VW dealership with some 28k, it came with brand new Kumho Ecsta tires. It confirmed my original thoughts. Tires like that are just pure garbage after 10-15k.

Last edited:
Only time my cars get hit is sitting emptyin parking lots

In a million miles I’ve never been in an accident while driving

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Did that include your diminished value claim?
Nope, they also gave me around $950 got diminished value.

The standard is 25% of the repair cost, I fought for 40%

When I was 16 or 17 I bump a lady in a Jeep Cherokee with my 89 Sunbird at a low speed. No damage
Riding with a friend in high school in his 90 Z24 Cavalier and he bumped a girl in a total rotbox Cavalier. It was like a 87. Totaled her and a scratch on his.
About 4 years ago I was at my brother in laws house and the neighbor backed into my wife’s SS Monte Carlo. About $1000 of damage.

Back