Sweet Cream Butter

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the difference between sweet cream butter and butter that doesn't say sweet cream ?

For one thing, sweat cream butter tastes like it doesn't have enough salt.

Sweet cream butter costs less for some reason too.

I think you are talking about salted vs. unsalted butter. All butter is sweet cream butter around here.

Same, sweet cream butter is the norm everywhere in North America; it's sometimes labeled "Creamery Butter" here, or just "butter"; the "other" kind is labeled "cultured butter".

Ingredients:
Cream or Cream & Salt

The label actually says "Cream, (Contains milk)" or "Cream (contains milk), Salt" but the "contains milk" part is mandatory allergy labelling, not ingredient labelling.

Biggest difference here is in Western Canada you can't buy "sticks" of butter unless imported from the US, it's always packaged in half pound or one pound bricks.

Originally Posted By: AVB
I think you are talking about salted vs. unsalted butter. All butter is sweet cream butter around here.

The stores have salted and unsalted butter in both sweet cream and non sweet cream. My favorite butter is the Challenge brand whipped butter, but it's too expensive to be using it as paint on grilled cheese sandwiches. I save the Challenge butter for pancakes.

I buy challenge butter, a lot of times it is the cheapest brand. I don't buy the whipped kind too often, my food is normally hot enough to melt the hard kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back