Sprinkler valve question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to straighten out a manifold valve that was installed twisted, hampering maintenance of other valves. Do I have to use this type clamp, or is a regular hose clamp ok? I don't have a crimper tool for a clamp like that.

A quality clamp though, not a cheap China special that strips the worm gear at 5 ft lbs of torque.

As oldhp says, a worm gear style clamp will work fine, but use a quality stainless steel type. Also, always double clamp. Single clamps do not always hold well enough. Trust me on this one. Almost $10,000 of flood repair because of a failed sprinkler system hose clamp.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
As oldhp says, a worm gear style clamp will work fine, but use a quality stainless steel type. Also, always double clamp. Single clamps do not always hold well enough. Trust me on this one. Almost $10,000 of flood repair because of a failed sprinkler system hose clamp.

I will, thank you. Probably the answer to my leaky pool hoses as well.

Buy some new hose as the barbs will have already stretched out that piece. Carefully cut the old hose out with a utility knife minimizing the twisting of other connections.

The tool to use those type of pinch clamps is only around $20, they work better and the clamps are cheaper. Makes for a more professional job when you are done. I love using those pinch clamps for garden hose repair, they won't cut your hand like the tail on a normal worm gear type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back