Removing HDEO oil from concrete

Status
Not open for further replies.
My coworker spilled or some HDEO oil spilled in his bay. "Purple Power" didnt remove all of it.

Thank You in advance

Hit it with Purple Power again and let it soak for several minutes. Agitate it with a stiff bristle scrub brush every few minutes, then rinse with a pressure washer using a 15 degree narrow fan nozzle. Probably will take multiple passes. Oil stains are tenacious and he may just have to live with it for a while.

Was this on sealed concrete? If not, it might always be there honestly. IF (that's a big IF) I was to tackle it I might go with a muriatic acid wash, but if you don't know what you're doing it can go south quickly. Benjamin Moore makes a product for cleaning concrete of oils and greases. I've used the old version for oil spots in the asphalt driveway (because the S10 likes to mark its territory) with success. Not sure about porous concrete. If you were closer I have a half gallon I'd give ya.

http://store.southernpaintandsupply.com/corotech-oil-grease-emulsifier-gallon/

Delta: it or floor has a coating on it. I'll help him with the purple power again. Kitty litter did nothing but absorb the oil. Diesel oil is black and nasty nasty

Originally Posted By: car51
Delta: it or floor has a coating on it. I'll help him with the purple power again. Kitty litter did nothing but absorb the oil. Diesel oil is black and nasty nasty

powdered dishwasher detergent (suggested by folks in another clean the concrete thread)
Hope it helps.

I’ve blasted oil stains with brake cleaner and it seems to help. Probably not a great idea on blacktop though? I’d guess safer on concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back