Krauthammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that this morning. So sad. I had/have such great admiration and respect for him for his work over the years. With his latest announcement/article in WaPo, I admire and respect him even more. A great mind, regardless if you agree or disagree. I almost never tear up over public figures, but I sure did here.

Much respect, good sir. I will miss you.

He is one of the true straight shooters on the network news. Brilliant and analytical mind. It is surprising that many people do not know he is confined to a wheelchair due to a diving accident in his early years.

With so much fluff and emotional junk on the news these days, he always stood out as the rock of reason. I had wondered where he had gone. He has been away for a while now.

I hope he passes on with minimal pain and suffering. He had already had that in his life.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
He is one of the true straight shooters on the network news. Brilliant and analytical mind. It is surprising that many people do not know he is confined to a wheelchair due to a diving accident in his early years.

With so much fluff and emotional junk on the news these days, he always stood out as the rock of reason. I had wondered where he had gone. He has been away for a while now.

I hope he passes on with minimal pain and suffering. He had already had that in his life.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2769890032001/?#sp=show-clips

I've always been impressed with Charles' political analysis. One of few straight shooters in the media. They can't afford to lose people like this.

I was a fan of his years ago and was surprised to learn he was paralyzed and in a wheelchair his whole writing career.

I agree with all the praise being heaped on Charles Krauthammer...a great intellect who was honest.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I agree with all the praise being heaped on Charles Krauthammer...a great intellect who was honest.

Amen … he could summarize the daily rhetoric like no other … had no issue taking a position different from the host … and do so in a cool, calm, and thoughtful manner …

I'm on the complete opposite end of the political spectrum as Krauthammer, but I always respected him and the way he laid out his opinion. An extremely intelligent man and I wish him and his family the best.

Another person I like at the roundtable is Mara Liasson, not because I agree with her but because she can verbally put herself on both sides of a position and explain how it looks from each side. Not many pundits can do that.

Anyway, maybe Charles hung in there with work a little too long. Not sure if I want to work to the very end. Apparently he wrote "I have lived the life I intended, and there is no greater achievement than that."

A man you can sit and listen to or read how he articulates his words or writings just Brilliant.

Last edited:
I really respected Krauthammer and enjoyed listening to him, even when I disagreed with him, which he made very hard to do sometimes.

It saddens me to hear he's nearing the end. What a dignified and strong man he is. I'll miss him greatly.

I have been listening to Mr. Krauthammer since the early 80's.
I rarely agree with his politics, but have learned a lot from him.
Charles, you will be missed.

I have nothing but respect for Mr. Charles Krauthammer.

While I might not have always agreed with some of his views, I still enjoyed hearing and reading his views and analysis of events as they unfolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back