2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2L Turbo M1 EP 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2L Turbo, 87,389 Miles on vehicle

This sample:
- 5,1xx miles on oil, and oil filter
- Mobil1 Extended Performance 5W-30
- New NAPA Gold Oil Filter
- Hyundai Air Filter (4,567 miles at start of run, 9,667 at end)

Prior oil change (Sample 1):
- Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30
- New NAPA Gold Oil Filter
- New Hyundai Air Filter
- 4,567 miles

I'm getting lazy, picture this time...

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing OP. I have the same vehicle with around 100K now. That is significant dilution but the wear numbers are good. This is anecdotal proof, at least, that a more expensive, possibly higher contented GroupIV synthetic does not slow dilution - i've seen UOA with less while using synthetic blends. Did this Santa Fe get short tripped or get significant idle time? What the more expensive oil may be doing is mitigating wear, not sure. In any case, i will keep my OCI between 3-4K.

These were regular 15 mile trips or so.

I am trying Redline 5W-30 this OCI and will run a test and see what comes out to make a determination in terms of what oil to use and how long to run it.

Engine doesn’t seem to mind a litttle fuel in the oil. Very impressive wear numbers. I think 5k OCI is a good place to stay

I agree with the above. If fuel dilution is a problem here, it's not showing in your wear numbers. That's an excellent report.

...i agree, wear is very good. I don't want that to get lost in the weeds of fuel dilution comments like my first post here.

Looks like a good oil and OCI combination. It’s crazy how the good old days of successful long OCIs have become a thing of the past with these turbo and GDI engines.

Good metal wear rates, despite fuel dilution.
Used oil is still serviceable and OCI could be further extended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back