Anthony Bourdain - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad..
I enjoyed his show, I admired his straight forward style of story telling, and his sense of adventure.
RIP

I met him in Paris in 2003. I did not know him on a personal level but he made you feel like you did.
He was always the life of the party. My barber who is the same age looked exactly like him and acted like him
but had no idea who he was. It is very sad and I don't get the hanging routine. It's like they want to torture themselves in the end.

Sorry to hear this. Liked his show and gathered from some of them (canoe/boat trip deep into jungle comes to mind) that he had demons in his life.

RIP, AB.

Very sad when someone with no hope takes their own life, there's always hope! Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, no matter how bad the problem may seem.

I loved watching his show until he had to get political almost every episode.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
.....as one of the feeds on my wife's facebook links said the other day, we followed Patrick Swayze through his suffering to the end, we don't see the suffering of some people (e.g. Robin williams) until the end.

Swayze should not be mentioned with either Williams or Bourdain. He loved life, but was victimized by terminal cancer. He didn't off himself. He fought bravely to the bitter end.

Originally Posted By: billt460
.....as one of the feeds on my wife's facebook links said the other day, we followed Patrick Swayze through his suffering to the end, we don't see the suffering of some people (e.g. Robin williams) until the end.

Swayze should not be mentioned with either Williams or Bourdain. He loved life, but was victimized by terminal cancer. He didn't off himself. He fought bravely to the bitter end.

:sigh:

What Shannow is saying is sometimes you can see the end coming from a mile away, other times its hidden and doesn't surface until its too late.

Originally Posted By: HemiHawk
What Shannow is saying is sometimes you can see the end coming from a mile away, other times its hidden and doesn't surface until its too late.

A LOT of people said Williams was acting strangely, and out of the ordinary for weeks leading up to his suicide. Many of these people leave indicators of what they're planning to do. They just aren't recognized.

try reasoning with a bag of hammers

A LOT of people said Williams was acting strangely, and out of the ordinary for weeks leading up to his suicide. Many of these people leave indicators of what they're planning to do. They just aren't recognized.

That was because of his dementia. It was sad, but he was rapidly fading, and wasn't going to be Robin much longer. His autopsy showed how bad his condition was.

Sad to hear this. Bourdain was one of the few chef celebrities who told it like it was. I’m sure we will find out eventually what sparked this. It is a growing phenomena amongst celebrities it seems.

I feel terribly for anyone who feels low or badly enough to do that to themselves, choice or not. I thank God I've not experienced a feeling that would lead me to think that was a solution. I can't imagine it. It is even worse when someone you love does it. I had a niece do it a couple years ago. I've got no anger toward her, only sadness and a horrible wonder of what she must have been feeling.

I leave it for God to be the judge, as only He knows the truth in each situation. I then pray for His mercy on them, and the rest of us, for that matter.

Sad to hear about Mr. Bourdaine. I didn't know much about him, but the few times I'd seen an interview or comment from him, he was interesting and seemed like someone I'd love to have known.

Last edited:
I didn't know he was from France. I thought maybe New York or something. He looked happier if anything on TV the last couple years. I think I remember he even had kids (recently) or something! Last thing I would have expected. Like one of those people who made it ok to be who he was. Blankety blank. Blank.

Last edited:

:sigh:

Like there's no one to blame with people like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back