10w30 in 5w20 recommend by Honda Pilot 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Honda Pilot 2007 manual say used 5w20 and but I have valvoline 10w30 full synthetic MaxLife.can I can used it in my car with out any damage except mileage get lower.I have get it cheap from Walmart and amazon.

Last edited:
My thinking is YES, especially living where it get quite hot. Our good friends just traded in their '07 Pilot on a new '18 Pilot. They often used 10W30, though not regularly, in our summers here in western NY. However others will chime in with more accurate info.

That's the 3.5L V6 right?

In Australia they say to use 5W30 or 10W30 or 10W40 in that engine.

You will be fine.

I’ll piggyback on this thread-

I have a 2001Toyota Camry 2.2L that takes 5W-30 and a 2010 Honda Odyssey 3.5L that takes 5W-20. Could I theoretically use MaxLife Synthetic Blend 5W-30 in both? Would there be any benefit to running a 30 in the Odyssey? I’ve never tried it.

105k on the Odyssey (sees about 9k/year, two oil changes per year), 140k on the Camry (3k/year, two oil changes per year; short-tripper).

Originally Posted By: EricBeau
I have a 2001Toyota Camry 2.2L that takes 5W-30 and a 2010 Honda Odyssey 3.5L that takes 5W-20. Could I theoretically use MaxLife Synthetic Blend 5W-30 in both?

Yes theoretically and practically too.

Originally Posted By: SR5
I have a 2001Toyota Camry 2.2L that takes 5W-30 and a 2010 Honda Odyssey 3.5L that takes 5W-20. Could I theoretically use MaxLife Synthetic Blend 5W-30 in both?

Agreed!

I view a good 10w30 as the closest thing to a universal oil these days. It generally will work very well in almost anything, even though it's not in vogue around here.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: SR5

Agreed!

I fully concur
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Toh1
So if i use it it will damage the piston ring even in the sumer like 70f.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come across too well in a typed form.

There will be absolutely no issues with using 10w30 oil.

Many people, however, falsley believe that using anything but what's in the owner's manual or printed on the oil cap, will cause damage.

Been using 10W-30 M1 HM in 2011 Kia Soul year round starting at about 100k miles. Recommneded oil from Kia is 5W-20. Owner was bad about not checking her oil and going way too long on oil changes as well, a double whammy. I recommended up to 8000 miles on the previous oil, PP if and only if she kept oil full. On 5W-20 and 5W-30 she was showing back up for oil changes with 2 out of 4 quarts in the sump at 10 or 12k miles. So I got her to promise to check/add oil and sold her 2 extra qts each oil change which helped some. Always have used a 15k or 20k rated Fram Ultra filter. This last time on the M1 10W-30 HM she waited 15K miles and showed up for oil change with a full sump. Engine still looks decently clean inside and oil was dark, but not sooty or black. I was pleasantly surprised. I told her 10k miles max or I'm not servicing the car for her. 10k miles on this oil is plenty enough. Back on topic: But 10W-30 seems to be a fine year round oil for our very warm climate.

Ok thank you for making it clearly than at one time when I read the comments I was thinking just used what recommendations in manual. Thank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back