Where does the water go?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this sounds silly, but bare with me a moment.

A couple of months ago I was at a club and had a drink or two.
Once I got home I started watching random Youtube vids, one of them was the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UgL_UIYvI0

In it, it recommends drinking 4 cups of plain water FIRST thing in the morning.
I was skeptical but since I had nothing else going on, I decided to give it a go the following morning. At first it was HARD to swallow anything more than 2 cups. Over the next week I worked my way up to 4 cups.

I can honestly say that after a month, my skin changed (clearer and smoother), hair became softer than it's ever been, I also felt my joints felt "lighter". My nose was runny shortly after the water, but an hour or so later when I was ready to eat, it had cleared.

Yes I know water is good for you, but what really interested me was the REDUCED need to urinate in the morning !!
Strange, I know, but the 4 cups I've worked up to in the morning DOES NOT equate to an increased need to pee. I actually urinate LESS than if I drank those cups during the day (between meals etc.)

Any insight into this? Anyone know where the water is going? And why am I not urinating it out like when I consume it during the day???
confused2.gif

Well, I can't answer for your "going" less often with more water. 4 cups isn't a lot of water IMO. However, 4 cups of water may be plentishing your body where you need it which could be that you are dehydrated without knowing it.

I try to drink close to a gallon over the course of the day and I go quite often. When I don't drink enough water, I don't feel cleansed and often start to get headaches. Drinking water, even when I don't feel thirsty, helps greatly. Drink water till your pee is clear and not mellow yellow.

Last edited:
Urine concentration is generally regarded as unhealthy. Drinking enough water to cause you to go at least every 2-3 hours or so is good for most healthy folks.

I once had a respected urologist tell me that if everyone drank enough water he would go out of business. We routinely drink 6-8 half liter waters during a hard day, and it is still not enough in a Florida summer!

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Any insight into this? Anyone know where the water is going? And why am I not urinating it out like when I consume it during the day???
confused2.gif

Possibly you've flushed the bad outta your system and there's no need to rid of anything bad as frequently. I know drinks with high sugar will really mess with you. Foods high in sodium will throw things off too. I know personally too much sodium and I'm going every 30 minutes. I have to really watch it. I go frequently anyways (every 1-1.5hrs) anyways and if you combine too much salt it's bad, heh.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Urine concentration is generally regarded as unhealthy. Drinking enough water to cause you to go at least every 2-3 hours or so is good for most healthy folks.

Eraring power station has a poster over every urinal.

"Look down, look up, and compare the colour", then advice on what the colour means with regard to hydration, and the resultant mental (fatigue, alertness, and decision making ability) and physical implications.

Included advice such as to drink more, or take time out and drink more.

Was really quite a sensible thing to do.

I once had a respected urologist tell me that if everyone drank enough water he would go out of business.

That's the absolute sad truth, and indictment of the western alopathic medicine system

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Eraring power station has a poster over every urinal.

"Look down, look up, and compare the colour", then advice on what the colour means with regard to hydration, and the resultant mental (fatigue, alertness, and decision making ability) and physical implications.

Included advice such as to drink more, or take time out and drink more.

Was really quite a sensible thing to do.

I once had a respected urologist tell me that if everyone drank enough water he would go out of business.

That's the absolute sad truth, and indictment of the western alopathic medicine system

We have those restroom charts at work sights … I have to remember what B complex vitamins do at times …
wink.gif

Most days, when I get to work I down 0.5 to a full liter in short order. Just dehydration. On a typical day I might have a second over the course of the day, unless if I get active. Then it can be a few liters. Perspiration and exhalation.

What's weird is I can drink coffee all morning, and until I have a sip of water, my bladder stays empty. Ergo, on long road trips, I get a large coffee and settle back, and not drink water until the bitter end.

Yes. Water is not supposed to be free of any minerals. When it is it will work towards homeostasis as all things do.

And one must indeed beware of high B vitamins as the resultant lemon yellow urine looks bad!

If you really want to retain water take creatine powder. It will fill your muscles with water and your skin will definitely be radiant!

Last edited:
After my first kidney stone, I learned that not drinking enough water can have long term consequences. A CAT scan revealed 16 stones on top of both kidneys. My urologist advised me that along with diet change I needed to drink more water. I now drink at least 1.5 L of water if I'm just at the office and such, but if I'm active I bump it up. Living 2200 meters above sea level also tends to dehydrate you much faster. Since I've been drinking more water my health has improved and my wife says my skin looks much better.

Last edited:
Started drinking lots more water 10 yrs ago...a lot of that from a green tea mix. I shoot for up to 3 quarts of water per day.

I always start my day with 16-24 oz of water + 1 tablespoon of squeezed lemon juice. And I have to hit the bathroom several times over the next 2 hours. Congrats on a big bladder...or small prostrate.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
I always start my day with 16-24 oz of water + 1 tablespoon of squeezed lemon juice. And I have to hit the bathroom several times over the next 2 hours. Congrats on a big bladder...or small prostrate.

Heh, funny you mention that. I went as far as going to the urologist about frequently going. After manually filling my bladder (yea THAT was fun..... NOT!) it was determined it is indeed small bladder. Said to just keep a watch on intake/output, more-so in the summer. Also to reduce salt/sugar intake. Road trips with me are not fun
laugh.gif

My guess would be that you sweat more than you realize at night and the first rounds of water are going to rehydrate you?

And the vitamin B comments reminded me of a time when I convinced a coworker to start taking a vitamin B supplement and the next day he comes to me and says "I don't quite know how to ask this but does the supplement do anything strange to your...you know, when you go pee?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back