There's a Cool Wind Blowing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my '99 Cavalac. My Cavalier was valued at less than a thousand bucks several years ago before it got caught in a major hail storm. Considering that it's not worth much, I use it to learn how to work on cars. Tonight I charged the A/C and I'm getting cold air for the first time in a while. Not a huge thing but as a backup vehicle, it sure is nice to ride in comfort if not in style. I got my Johnsen's R134A kit at Fred's Dollar Store nearly ten dollars cheaper than A/C Pro. I had never heard of the brand but read good reviews.

I'm still impressed that both our 2003 and 2004 Cavaliers still blow cold air, and never have been recharged..

But that is great to hear for the 99 though! Congrats!

Fantastic A/C is an absolute requirement for me here in Phoenix. My old Jeep's A/C is great and so is the Camry's.

The Sonata's A/C is 37 degrees at 100 degrees outside.

My old ford will frost the windows at 105 with 80% humidity air temp is around 34 coming out of the vents.
Needs a can every other year.
My old nova doesn't have a/c just vents and windows.

Fred's Dollar Store, heh, that's something I haven't heard/seen since leaving MS.

The old S10 has a leaky compressor so I'll have to add half a can and some oil here and there, but still works good. Not worth replacing, so I'll just keep topping it off. Ironically my friends Sonoma ('99 as well) has the same ailment. That trucks rustier than mine so we just top it off as well...

Originally Posted By: jakewells
My old ford will frost the windows at 105 with 80% humidity air temp is around 34 coming out of the vents.
Needs a can every other year.

34 degrees??????....Does not compute...

Last edited:
My 00 Ford Taurus still blows so cold the Penguins are complaining, but if I make several stops in 90 degree heat to run errands, I’m thinking the clearance on the clutch is too much and the compressor won’t start.

Last edited:
I have had a friend tell me to please turn the air down my face is freezing! Seriously, all my more modern vehicles will freeze you solid in 90 plus degree heat.

My RAM even has a small electric fan in front of the engine driven fan for extra airflow, makes the AC much better when sitting still...

My Cavalier has the best A/C of any car I've ever owned. No matter how hot the car is, even on a 100+ degree day, it is freezing me out within a few minutes if I have it on high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back