Attainable cars & trucks that you havent owned yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a drink w/ a car friend and we got taking about attainable cars that you want, are reasonably priced and available (no Ferrari GTO's, Muira's, original Shelby's, even E-Types...), but you haven't had yet...but may one day.

Mine;

1) Triumph GT6+
2) Alfa Romeo GTV6
3) UMM Alter-would be a self import, Portuguese utilitarian SUV...so bloody ugly (google it) it is cool, and a capable off roader.
4) Porsche 914
5) Forward Control Jeep

Let's hear yours.

72 or earlier corvette.

I see the 914 in your list. I owned one once. Great handling until the rear end gets away then its a real handful. But they rust the inner rear wheel well out. L-jet tronic fuel injection was so so and vapor locked on hot days. Many converted to carbs. Still a neat and fun little car. I imagine that body parts are probably hard to get. If i was looking for one now, I'd probably look at one redone by Auto Atlanta.

Last edited:
If you will also accept "buildable" as "attainable":

- A rat rod styled XC70 with the ~300 hp 6-speed AWD drivetrain parts swapped in from something like an S60 R.

- An EV sleeper with the boring outer looks of a Prius but guts more like a Tesla

- One of those featherweight, low displacement, high revving 4 cylinder sportbikes that would absolutely haul with someone light like me at the controls

- A 40ft flat nose rear engine school bus converted into an RV

I'm going to need a bigger garage...and a bigger wallet
lol.gif

2014+ Mercedes S550.

Oh yeah, 0-60 is 4.7 seconds.

The 2014 E550 is also pretty good, 0-60 in 4.5, the E63's are a bit too much.

1. Jensen Interceptor
2. 2013 Boss 302
3. Z4 M Coupe
3. Stelvio TI Sport
4. Golf R
5. 500E

I would like to own a 2003 or newer Toyota land cruiser. I woild also like to get a Colorado zr2. If i wanted to spend a lot building a car i would LS3 swap my 95 nissan 240sx with really proper parts.

Originally Posted By: VeryNoisyPoet

- A rat rod styled XC70 with the ~300 hp 6-speed AWD drivetrain parts swapped in from something like an S60 R.

I am not sure rat rod and Volvo can be used in the same sentence.

Not sure about that...Have some ideas, but I really like the idea of building something as well....

Always wanted to drop a turbo into something...

1969 HEMI Road Runner, B5 blue, bench seat 4 speed, 3.55 rear gear w/posi. Doesn't have to be numbers matching. Color is optional.
grin.gif

Last edited:
Came very close to buying a SAAB 96 my first year out of college in 1967. Had a 3 cylinder 2 stroke engine that put out 46 hp so it was probably for the best that I never dropped the hammer and i sure dont want one now, but occasionally I dream....I was driving a 62 Fiat 600 at the time, so I guess it would have been a move up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Wouldn't mind an old Bentley Mulsane Turbo R, and doing burnouts.

Just get a job as a chauffeur. When the boss is not around, burn the tires down to the rim out in the driveway. After that you could just quit.

Actually, when I was a little kid, I'd read my uncle's Richy Rich comics...and wanted to be his butler/chauffer...he was clever, and cool under pressure.

Alfa Romeo GTV6 but with a 3 litre conversion.
Any EVO
Ur Quattro, 10 or 20 valve. SWB rare but I'd take it
Lancia Delta Integrale, preferably last year produced
Not necessarily in that order and OP reminded me of GTV6. Drove a friend's 3 liter Milano(75) when they were new and I was(and still am)a muscle car guy but couldn't believe something could feel and sound so different in an exciting way. Cars, motorcycles Italians know their stuff.
In relation to a couple other posters:
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 0-60 4.6 seconds Car&Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back