Love this sign. Oh how true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a friend in college who was an amputee above the knee on one leg. Drove a mildly lifted Ford Bronco. Had handicapped plates. Is he not physically handicapped?

Man we are fast to judge one another around here...

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Yep, see plenty of trucks with 12”+ ground clearance parked in these. If you can get into a truck like that, sorry, but you ain’t physically handicapped.

When I was shot in the legs and recovering, I found it much easier to climb into my truck instead of bending my legs trying to get in my car. My truck allowed me to keep my legs stiff. But I understand what you're saying as I see a bunch of people that have no real issues taking up these spaces.

Had a bucket handle meniscus tear that took 6 months to recover after the surgery. I couldn't fit in let alone actuate the clutch in my Civic. So you would find my F250 in a spot like this.

My Mom prior to her passing was left without her bladder and colon due to radiotherapy for cancer causing collateral damage. Her lymph system was compromised as well as the circulation in her legs. By the time we made the loop through the Costco and got back to the truck she was completely physically exhausted. Yes, my F250 was parked in the handicapped spot when I would take her shopping.

It's popular to be judgmental and shame people these days. I realize there are people that do game the system, but don't paint with a broad brush lest you look like a tool.

My point, as Zee09 caught on, is for those who don't have a valid medical reason for a placard or plate, and are just lazy "entitled". It may have been poorly worded, but was never even remotely intended for those who have an actual medical disability and need for such placard/plate.

I too am a disabled vet and could get a placard/plate, but it's not medically necessary at this point and my service-connected disability is nothing compared to my military brothers and sisters who lost limb(s) or even more. So I don't use one out of respect for their sacrifices. And to those who took my comment as a slight or that I jumped to conclusions, well, you just did the same thing about my post.

Happy Thursday everyone
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back