PP 0W20 or M1 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks pimtac; i told him pick ehats cheaper
smile.gif

I would lean PP just because I don't want to get on the M1 bandwagon.

I have this same question. I have a new Subaru Forester non Turbo. I changed with Mag1 0w20 the first time at 3k, but am contemplating PP or Quaker state.

Valvoline is my favorite and have a stash of 30 quarts of 5w30 synpower that I got for $2.99, but I haven't seen any deals on it lately to get some 0w20. I have a hard time paying more than $4 a quart for oil.

Originally Posted By: car51
Co worker asked me this today. Just got a 2011Honda Accord. I said PP 0W20

What would you guys choose?

Valvoline FS 5w-20 (verify low noack but if not the 0w-20)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cmlind
I would lean PP just because I don't want to get on the M1 bandwagon.

I have this same question. I have a new Subaru Forester non Turbo. I changed with Mag1 0w20 the first time at 3k, but am contemplating PP or Quaker state.

Valvoline is my favorite and have a stash of 30 quarts of 5w30 synpower that I got for $2.99, but I haven't seen any deals on it lately to get some 0w20. I have a hard time paying more than $4 a quart for oil.

+1, and well said.

Originally Posted By: car51
Co worker asked me this today. Just got a 2011Honda Accord. I said PP 0W20

What would you guys choose?

Why PP 0-20? What is your experience with it?

Last edited:
I have used both in my Tundra and honestly can't tell a difference between them. I buy them both when they are on sale and have rebates going on. Just got the Pennzoil rebate back, now waiting on the M1 rebate to come in.

I would use either without concern but if I was going to extend my OCI to 10K or beyond (which I wouldn't)...I'd probably feel a little safer using M1 0w20.

Threads like this will get nothing but personal preference. There is essentially no way of determining which is better.

Originally Posted By: Ram02
M1 has a higher flash point

Using the same ASTM testing methodology? There are two: D92 and D93. One produces a higher number. Can’t remember which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back