[pics] Ugly Motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few pics of the Stilt currently at about 3500 miles on the clock since taking delivery end of August 2017. Go ahead and say it, you know you want to ... "[censored] that's an ugly bike!"
cool.gif
The Stelvio 1200 (1151cc) won't ever win any beauty contests, but checks all the boxes I sought when looking for my next bike last year. 8.5 gallon tank, 40+mpg, shaft drive, comfortable posture for my 6'2" lanky build, easy maintenance. Prior to adding the X-Creen spoiler blade to top of windshield there was a buffeting problem but the spoiler has eliminated 90% of that. The bike lets you see in traffic really well, line of sight is eye to eye level or slightly above that of folks in p/u's and cross over suv's. Surprisingly easy handling at speed although not a sport bike, but after totaling the Ducati last year wasn't looking for MotoGP handling out of my next bike. 34" inseam and I can "just" flat foot it when stopped it's that tall of a bike.

They never sold well for Moto Guzzi and production stopped in 2017. MG is replacing it for model yr 2019 with an 850cc bike that is smaller, lighter, and more off-road oriented but still possessing road and touring manners.

No where near as ugly as many BMW and some of the new Asian bikes. I suggested a little M-G for my coworker as his first bike but another engineer talked him into a ugly lil Ducati Scrambler. He likes the Guzzi but also rides a gromm twenty-five miles to work! Now he's looking at a new Royal Enfield. I say two pot he doesn't want to wait and would buy the thumper. Boo another bad move possibly ...

Last edited:
Include me with those who think the Guzzi looks nice. IMHO it could be the best looking in that class of bikes.

I have always been a fan of Guzzis. Almost bought one years ago but ended up with a Harley. I'd ride one of these. I had a KLR-650 for many years.
I have always loved the Guzzi V twin engines.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Looks better than a Harley dresser or Honda Goldwing any day.

He he he, well said...

Although it's way too big for me to try any off-road stuff (the gravel lot and rare occasional dirt road is enough for me), it *is* set up well for light off-road use. Air filter lid and intake nozzle are under the driver seat right behind battery, six regular screws to remove lid, swap out panel filter, button back up. Five minute job if you're quick. Exhaust is high mounted on left side. Good for the brave who ford streams, bad for pillion's left leg comfort. The entire catalyst/silencer assembly is high mounted along the side, as a slip-on type exhaust can. Easy to swap on an after market piece w/o catalyst if one is so inclined (I'm leaving stock, the OEM exhaust sounds very good). Oil cooler as seen in pic is huge. Engine has two oil pumps, one is soley for the oil cooling of the heads, other is main circulation pump.

I'm a long-time Moto Guzzi Rider my 72 Eldorado had over three hundred and fifty thousand miles on it my G5 had a 250,000 miles on it and various other guzzis over the last 40 years that probably puts me well over a million miles. Drive the [censored] out of it change the oil and enjoy it it's not ugly just underappreciated
TOMB

Last edited:
ARCOgraaphite.

Randy Tefft has a meet and greet in Keene the last Sunday of each month.
It's located Libbys on Galbo st downtown x from the transportation ct.
I try to make each one but sometimes it doesnt work out at home.

I ride a Convert now also I'm on Wildgoosechase.com as TOMB.
Randy is having a one day gathering on 7 27-28 at the Surry Mountian Dam rec area Aspen pavilion on the 28th.
The 27th date is a cookout at Randy house on Boston rd-st.in Keene
contact me at [email protected].
860 529 6676. I live in Wethersfield Ct. Just south of Hartford
TOMB

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KGMtech
The bike is not ugly, however the side boxes are hurting my corneas.
grin.gif

You are correct sir. They are in fact, rather *****. There is a one piece scaffolding thing that bolts up to the bike that they mount to. They can be quickly removed with latch after unlocking, but the scaffolding remains and is equally *****. Removed the scaffolding for while for a cleaner look. Mistake. It was tough to get back on, fiddly as he1l. Just put the hard cases back on few weeks ago since touring season is here.

Much like the BMW R1200GS series, the Stelvio is "functionally ugly", so unattractive that it's actually good looking...

The Stelvio actually sold quite well here, I know a couple of guys with them, and they rave about them
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back