ACDelco oil filter questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used an ACDelco filter before, what does everyone think about them? My Walmart sells them, want to give them a try. I'm wondering what the efficiency is and what the differences are between these part numbers that match my truck.

PF46
PF46E
PF46EP6
PF46F

PF46 what AC/Delco has produced for a long time
PF46E a newer version of the filter called an "E" core, based on design
PF46EP6 Don't have a clue
PF46F These are supposedly what are sold in packs of 12 or more and are the regular filter.

I'm using them on two different GM trucks. One under warranty, one is not.

I put them on, and don't worry a bit. Being able to get them at W*M for less than $4 just makes it even better.

I have used both classic and ecore delcos and all worked fine. They have good filtration numbers as mentioned above

Nothing special. They are built like an average discount filter IMO. I had one tear due to poorly spaced pleats. A synthetic wire backed media is the only way to mitigate against that scenario.

Nothing special about them. I refuse to use them after having 2 fail on me. I posted about it way back when it happened. Basically about a 1000 miles into my oil change (2006 Sierra Denali 6.0L) I was towing my RV, stopped for gas. Upon restart I had 0 oil pressure. Shut of engine and restarted - 0 pressure until I revved the engine then the gauge read normal pressure. Did this at every start up. Once I got to the campsite I removed the filter and replaced it with another brand I grabbed at a local parts store - problem solved. Next oil change I used a Bosch filter...no problems. Then oil change after that I used another AC Delco I had on hand. A little ways into the oil change it happened again - 0 psi at start up. Replaced the filter and problem gone. Now it has been atleast 80k miles since I used an AC DELCO oil filter and the problem still has not came back. IT WAS THE FILTERS. i don't use them anymore. It was the PF46 I think..its been years ago.

The E means Ecore, without E is standard construction. Thousands per day Ecore installed at GM dealers. I tend to like Ecore for the plastic center cage cleanliness, is stronger, and has more open space to the media than louvers or holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back