2009 Ford Focus under valve cover 152k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Pics like these make me think oil brand doesn't matter anymore. All modern oils are good..

Depends what you mean by "good"

Chevron 10w40 is available here at Costco and one of the cheaper oils you can buy.

Its probably a good quality oil, but the companies questionable-to-appalling record in Ecuador would prevent me from buying it.

https://chevrontoxico.com/assets/docs/2012-01-evidence-summary.pdf

Originally Posted By: tomcruise
Originally Posted By: tig1
What was the OCI and wt of oil?

I think Dad does anywhere from 3k - 7k just whenever he feels like it and gets around to it.

Always 5w20 sorry I missed that part.

Originally Posted By: Ram02
Looks good and I’m over here wasting money putting PP in my cars smh

You're not wasting anything with putting PP in your car. It's a great oil and worth every penny... if you're not changing it at 3k
smile.gif

I've run PUP out to 17.2k, and will likely dial it back to 15k in my application because of what I saw on the UOA in my Fusion... but when you do the cost/benefit ratio, PP/PUP are no more expensive than conventionals on a per-mile basis if you are doing 3k or 5k OCIs on conventional.

It's all a balancing act... use a conventional and change more often, or synthetic and change less.. I agree just about any oil used responsibly that meets your engine's required specs will give satisfactory results in just about anything outside of VAG engines
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back