Shell API SN Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone come across any information regarding if or when Shell will be reformulating QS and Penz conventional oils to meet the SN Plus spec?

A quick look on the QS website states the following concerning SN Plus: "The following Quaker State products are all licensed by the American Petroleum Institute as complying with the specifications of the new API SN PLUS category:
Quaker State Ultimate Durability Full Synthetic Motor Oils - SAE 0W-20, SAE 5W-20, SAE 5W-30 and SAE 10W-30
Quaker State Synthetic Blend Motor Oils - SAE 0W-20,SAE 5W-20 and SAE 5W-30.

Nothing on the site suggests that conventional oils meet the SN plus.I would guess that it takes a semi or full synthetic to meet the SN plus spec.

Originally Posted By: csandste
Thought all Valvoline including VWB met SN÷. Of course even conventional oils probably have some group 3.

I was just looking at the Valvoline site the other day getting some info on the new conventional bottles that say "Daily Protection" and the only ones that say they are a blend are 5w20 and 5w30 but they all say they are SN Plus.

https://sharena21.springcm.com/Public/Do...12-ac162d889bd1

Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
Thought all Valvoline including VWB met SN÷. Of course even conventional oils probably have some group 3.

I was just looking at the Valvoline site the other day getting some info on the new conventional bottles that say "Daily Protection" and the only ones that say they are a blend are 5w20 and 5w30 but they all say they are SN Plus.

https://sharena21.springcm.com/Public/Do...12-ac162d889bd1

Interesting. Daily protection 5-20 and 5-30 list Noack and TBN, but no HTHS. MaxLife shows HTHS but not Noack and TBN.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Seriously I think they are putting you guys on soon we'll be waiting on SN+ .2 of course that'll add about another $10 a Jug.

Periods do help.

I noticed that VWB was SN+ approved, that’s why I was wondering if Shell would follow with their conventional oils.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Seriously I think they are putting you guys on soon we'll be waiting on SN+ .2 of course that'll add about another $10 a Jug.

Going to need a new acronym, VDP20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back