Chevron Techron Concentrate Every fill up 2oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been searching every forum in bitgo search every forum but no recommendations or forum to used at every fill up. I own Honda Pilot 2009 . I need to used only Techron only I know redline which Can be used every fill up.I have Techron concentrated or gum out regane with pea because I have have in my stash which I get from autozone clearance. Did using every fill up will damage anything . Only thing I have know that don’t used more than 5 treatment in one oil change intervals but which apply for concentrate treatment only. Every reply and will help .

Last edited:
Are you trying to fix a problem, prevent problems with the fuel injectors or something else?

It won't hurt anything to run it all the time except your wallet.

Personally I use top tier gas most fill ups. I use a fuel injector cleaner twice a year. There a millions of drivers that don't bother and they appear to be having cars that run without major issues.

I am just trying to used as preventative maintenance to keep clean the fuel system and only using fuel additive from last2 year only. I have get them on clearance as using 2oz on 20 gallons

The concentration in top tier fuel is much less concentrated than that. Maybe a half a cap full at each fillup. Or just a shot on the tank before a oil change.

you really dont need that much unless you are burning sketchy fuel.

I don’t see it being an issue. But the bottle does say use 3000-5000 miles. I use it 2-3x year usually when I do an oil change.

Run a tank of top tier fuel and call it good. Plenty of cleaners already in it and adding even more is probably not going to make it clean any better.

Did anyone can give me a 400ppm for 20 gallon tank or any other recomantion

I'm assuming you're asking if there's a comparable strength product that treats 20 gallons of gas(?)

You don't mention any specific issues, so I would probably start with the likelihood of the effectiveness of small doses each tank versus a main treatment every 5K miles. If you're using quality detergent gasoline, I would think the idea of small doses would be lost and effective preventative maintenance would center around using a full treatment dose at 5K or 7.5K miles, etc.

You mention Techron, Regane, and Redline SI-1. If you wanted to do use those products, I'd use them periodically at full strength vs. thinking I'm giving any consistent benefit by putting in a very diluted treatment amount each fill-up.

I just want to use as maintainace dose . But at very diluted like near to top teir gas.

Tip Tier gasoline already has cleaners, how much, what concentration, enough to make a difference, I don't know. Does anyone?

However, unless you have been using Top Tier since the vehicle was new, IMO I prefer to put it in full strength periodically. I think it would do more good that is a better job cleaning.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
have run 3 toyotas to 220000 miles each w/o "fuel system cleaner"

And when you tore apart the fuel system and engine, how did they look?
How much performance and economy had you lost over that mileage that could have been kept if a fuel cleaner had been used?

Originally Posted By: Toh1
I have been searching every forum in bitgo search every forum but no recommendations or forum to used at every fill up. I own Honda Pilot 2009 . I need to used only Techron only I know redline which Can be used every fill up.I have Techron concentrated or gum out regane with pea because I have have in my stash which I get from autozone clearance. Did using every fill up will damage anything . Only thing I have know that don’t used more than 5 treatment in one oil change intervals but which apply for concentrate treatment only. Every reply and will help .

Great deal on the AutoZone clearance I am sure, so it may be tempting to run the additives in every tank. But honestly, it's a waste of the additives product. Pump gas already has additives -- if you keep up regular maintenance and use quality fuels and fluids, you should not have any problems. If your Pilot is running fine, use additive about every 2-3 tanks. I can't say if damage will occur if you run it every tank. I can say it's not necessary and it's not recommended. Roll the dice if you really want to.

Techron has a $4 rebate on the 20 oz bottle at Fred Meyer's if you have them in your area. 6.99 for the bottle and Chevron is real quick with rebates, so $2.99 for the final price. 20oz bottle at Fred's only until 6/30 so hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back