List an oil Additive you'd use / No Comments

BG 109 & MMO
laugh.gif

Running Rislone Nano in my 2001 Tribute v6.I have had it in about 400 miles so far.The engine is a lot quieter even when I put the pedal to it,this engine has always been a bit noisy.Until now.

When I feel like getting flamed I'll start a post on the Rislone Nano.Don't feel like it right now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by urrlord
Running Rislone Nano in my 2001 Tribute v6.I have had it in about 400 miles so far.The engine is a lot quieter even when I put the pedal to it,this engine has always been a bit noisy.Until now.

Will be trying Nano my next change in a couple weeks, I would also use Rislone Engine Treatment as a flush/cleaner if necessary on a used car. Some of the claims they make, usage directions and marketing nonsense they spew are one thing - but their products do work as far as cleaning dirty engines, when needed.....

MMO : While I've used before , I believe SN+ D1 / Gen 2 oils are so good now that not much MMO can do for an engine.
Seafoam : I still use from time to time for 100 miles before an oil change .

As my user name suggests, used to be a huge fan of additives. Not as much these days, bc you can just change the oil for the price of a lot of them.

That said, I think some have real benfits - a moly additive like MolySlip or Liqui-moly has been shown to help quiet engines and reduce wear.

I think for engines that suffer from noise or low OP, STP blue-bottle is a long-proven additive that 'boosts' up the oil a bit w/o doing any harm.

Just put a 15oz bottle in with my oil change, and engine is a bit quieter, bit smoother, and starts a bit quicker from improved cylinder sealing.

For the small price, not a bad product.

Hy-perlube ZRA
Rislone Nano Prime
Lubegard products
Ceratech
ATP AT-205 Re-Seal
Bar's Leak 1010, 1040, 1420, and 1344

Back