2010 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L Tranny Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above vehicle is part of the family fleet, 86K miles and transmission fluid has been changed at 30K and 60K miles. This car has hard up shifts and downshifts intermittently, manufacture date falls within units that had possible bad shift solenoids. I have a can of Sea Foam Trans Tune and a bottle of Lubegard Platinum, my question is which one might help mitigate this problem or should I just go light a candle?

Confirm whether there is a recall, or if it falls under warranty. How often do the problems occur, as in are they frequent enough that the technician could replicate them?

I would at least try to get it worked on under warranty. Try a dealership and make an appeal to corporate if necessary.

Here's Hyundai TSB 14-AT-012 the speaks to shift solenoid troubleshooting. I would take this with me to the dealership.

Last edited:
If the computer updates do not work on your SF, then most likely the tranny will need to be replaced. The products you mentioned will do nothing to improve your tranny issues... If still under warranty, make sure you lean on the dealer ASAP and get it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back