2009 Ford Focus under valve cover 152k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad sent me a picture when he replaced the valve cover gasket on their Focus. Has usually gotten Chevron supreme most of it's life.

Looks good!
thumbsup2.gif

I recently had a friend replace the VCG on the 2006 Focus ZXW (wagon) that I bought with 106K after noticing some oil in the spark plug hole on cylinder 4. It wasn't quite that clean but close enough to make me think that the PO did regular OCIs. Mine had slightly more varnish but still looked great.

Those Duratec (Mazda designed) motors are tough little units and can run a long time with just a modicum of care.

oh yeah nice and clean, looks great. Always knew there is nothing wrong with a quality dino oil. please make 0w20 conventional.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I recently had a friend replace the VCG on the 2006 Focus ZXW (wagon) that I bought with 106K after noticing some oil in the spark plug hole on cylinder 4. It wasn't quite that clean but close enough to make me think that the PO did regular OCIs. Mine had slightly more varnish but still looked great.

Those Duratec (Mazda designed) motors are tough little units and can run a long time with just a modicum of care.

I have a 2006 Hatchback that just turned 200k. I changed the plugs and noticed a little oil in spark plug hole #4 as well. Looked like new oil and there isn't enough to worry about yet, but will keep an eye on it. Looking through the fill hole looks like new. These are definitely good engines. Doesn't move from the full mark with over 10k OCI.

Does look great!

Originally Posted By: tig1
What was the OCI and wt of oil?

Yes please...details man, details!

Last edited:
Chevron Supreme is a great oil I used it in my daughters 2010 Focus for 7 years until she went to the big girl school "college" and does a 60 mile round trip 5 days a week so I went to syn. oil and 10,000 mile oil change intervals. The Chevron Supreme in one of the best in class oil if not the best.

Originally Posted By: tig1
What was the OCI and wt of oil?

I think Dad does anywhere from 3k - 7k just whenever he feels like it and gets around to it.

Originally Posted By: pbm

They got it with under 20k miles in 2010 and have had ZERO issues. It got a motor mount around 90k or so cause the fluid filled mount started to leak. It's even on the original clutch still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back