CRC Gdi intake cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do on my IS. I don't "seafoam" it, I spay the valve stems down with it, and let it soak a couple hours. Once you see the results, you will not think twice to do it again. That stuff works great.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
I do on my IS. I don't "seafoam" it, I spay the valve stems down with it, and let it soak a couple hours. Once you see the results, you will not think twice to do it again. That stuff works great.

Could you please share the procedure?

I'm curious as to how you're doing this and how often? I assume you pull the entire intake manifold assembly off to get right to the valves?

Had a 2012 "Nox 2.4. I drilled a small hole in the pass side air cleaner about 6" from where it goes down to the Throttle body. I put the straw in the small hole, had wife keep it at 2000RPM and sprayed shots in until can was empty and then let it sit for 15-20 mins. Put screw in small hole and went for a drive. "Nox wouldn't hardly pull itself at first and smoked a ton. Got it to back road and started going hard on the gas, finally it cleared out and took off. Kept smoking less. It did for a fact drive better with more pickup and power. It had gotten to the point where even flooring it to pass was a white knuckle no power event. The CRC GDI does work. Does it work as good as taking intake off and blasting the intake valves? No....But it does make difference. I'm thinking it cleaned more around the edges of the valves than anything else. Probably the majority of crud on the valve stems was still there. But again, I could definitely tell a difference on pickup. "Nox had around 30K miles on it with a "ton" of very short trips.

Good product, I use it often. Gumout now has a similar product and it works well too.

I used it last week on my Tuscon 1.6 turbo. Disconnected the pcv valve hose and shot it down there. Gas mileage went up about 1.5 mpg. 25,000 miles on engine. Changing oil today.

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs

Could you please share the procedure?
Originally Posted By: racin4ds

I'm curious as to how you're doing this and how often? I assume you pull the entire intake manifold assembly off to get right to the valves?

I have to pop off the upper intake manifold to get a clear shot at the valves, 20 min worth of moving hoses and removing plastic components. The closed valves get a much better cleaning. I just drive it until it is good a hot, get the upper intake manifold off, and just spray at the valves until the stuff pools in the ports. Give it a squirt here and there for the two hours worth of soak. Once the time passed, you can see the buildup reduced on the stems. Re assemble, drive until the gunk is done smoking, dump the oil, and be happy. Nothing complicated, really. Doing so I used a half of the can, and was not shy to get the stuff in there, so 8(?) bucks per cleaning is not a biggie.

From the looks of the conditions of the valves, I'd say it should probably be done at sub 30k intervals, but that's my car, pre catch can, and God knows if the valves were new or cleaned, and how well they were cleaned during TSB work. I'm planning to give it a looksee in 15-20k, and adjust fire from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back