Super tech oil worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am getting the ram going again. She needs an oil change desperately. Is super tech good enough to put in the truck for 3,000 miles or for 1 year? Also is the savings worth it on their synthetic or are you better off spending a little more. If it's great I'd happily save a few bucks on the cars oil to

I would use SuperTech with confidence. I use it from time to time, just use what meets the specs for your Ram.

Full disclosure... I have used it a couple of times in my 16 F150 so I am not just trolling.

I would mosey on over to Home Depot and get some Formula Shell for $13/jug. It has a nice, stout additive package.

SuperTech conventional is priced at $11.84 for the 5 quart jug. Good SN rated oil and money saver at that. I would have NO PROBLEM running it in your Ram for 3000 miles at the least.

I've been using ST conventional for 5k in my Camry. Meets specs, so how can it be bad?

1996 would be what, a 360? not sure those V8's ever cared, just that they had oil.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Well I am getting the ram going again.

One wonders what depths of drama this endeavor will bring.

Get SuperTech High Mileage version. Old seals might benefit from it.
Here is an old seal (31 years old!) and you know it could benefit from it:
natzooseal-727x485.jpg

*Smithsonian National Zoo, "Squeegee"

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I would mosey on over to Home Depot and get some Formula Shell for $13/jug. It has a nice, stout additive package.

Good find!!!

Originally Posted By: supton

1996 would be what, a 360? not sure those V8's ever cared, just that they had oil.

I've seen idjits feed 'em gear oil, truly a honey badger of V8s.

Yea I know that truck will run on anything. I said get it going but other than airing tires up and changing oil and giving it a bath it doesn't need much. And the door panel out back on. It runs. Darn thing won't die. Rust will be it's killer
How is the st synthetic. I ask because I know the multi air in the darts is picky. Heck the 1.4 dart last time we went till the olm said to change it and it had thrown a code for oil pressure drop in the multi air brick. We used synpower so I don't know if something else would perform better . Or if st would perform as good or better.

Originally Posted By: Serge
Oh tig1 you such a mobil 1 lover... Its really getting old around here. Supertech is king bro.

grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back