Aeroflow "Australian Designed" Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody tried the Aeroflow oil filters?

I haven't seen much info on them aside from a marketing video that states they have a 30 micron premium synthetic media and silicone ADBV, but no mention of efficiency. Although their website says the media is a synthetic blend.

The marketing seems rather K&N, however the appeal is the cost. They are one of the cheapest filters available on the SCA website. In a Z418 size the Aeroflow is cheaper than the regular price of the same size Ryco, Wesfil, and the SCA branded filters.

Skip to ~1:35 to avoid a demo on using a filter cutter

Thanks for the welcome.

I can't believe how expensive filters are these days, well at least in Aus. My memory might be wrong but I am sure I used to pay around $10 for a Z172, and that's when they were still made either here or NZ.

The Aeroflows seem like reasonable value at $11.99 inc shipping compared to the Ryco at $15.99, but the astounding lack of reviews doesn't inspire confidence. Then again they're going on a '95 Camry and '02 Grand Vitara. Unless there is a filter special somewhere in the next week or two I reckon I will try an aeroflow on the Camry and I'm pretty sure there is enough room to fit a Z9 in the Grand Vitara.

Not on the NZ SCA website. They are a bit hard on the eyes...I like my filters to be discrete. Apart from the horrible exterior, the interior looks just like most filters I've cut open.

I've pulled apart the SCA filters, and they look at least as good inside.

Dandenong's Eh ?

My uncle had a newsagent/postoffice (and I think motel) around there somewhere.

Originally Posted By: Silk
Not on the NZ SCA website. They are a bit hard on the eyes...I like my filters to be discrete. Apart from the horrible exterior, the interior looks just like most filters I've cut open.

Not sure if it is the same for NZ but they are found with the parts guide. It is surprisingly good with free shipping to your door and free returns via the post office. They list 10 different brands of oil filters for the Camry.
It's not just hard on the eyes, but as brand placement that huge sticker wouldn't be readable.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I've pulled apart the SCA filters, and they look at least as good inside.

Dandenong's Eh ?

Nah, not from around there. Used to like to drive the mountain road though, was the first place I saw led cats eye markers along the road.

10 is too many for me, but there is 20% off coupon PAMPER20 for sparesbox, brings them down to $8,76 with free shipping. Sounds like a reasonable deal.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Not long ago, Wesfil-Cooper filters were on sale at $5 each (60% off)
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4746311/

That is the time to grab 3 or 4. Filter sales are less frequent than oil sales.

Would have made for a $14.50 oil change
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Dandenong's Eh ?

I had a horse riding girlfriend who lived there, the relationship didn't last long, but to this day a firm rear in tight jodhpurs rings my bell.

I didn't buy any newspapers or post any letters though.

I'm going to have to pull the ''You guys are idiots for using cheap filters'' card, because I've got a Ryco Syntec on the Volvo - only the best for my baby. It's so good it's going to stay on until the body rusts through and it gets an oil leak. And at trade price it was the same price as a standard at retail.

I'm going to have to pull the ''You guys are idiots for using cheap filters'' card, because I've got a Ryco Syntec on the Volvo - only the best for my baby. It's so good it's going to stay on until the body rusts through and it gets an oil leak. And at trade price it was the same price as a standard at retail.

So tell us what is the great efficiency rating on that Ryco Syntec and what do they cost you?e

99.8% @ 25 microns according to the, blurb.

http://www.rycofilters.com.au/products/syntec

http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/store/filters/oil-filters/1021645?pageSize=24&sort=-ProductSummaryPurchasesWeighted%2C-ProductSummaryPurchases&variant1=Z89AST%2CZ89A&page=1

I think the retail was $50 at the time, and my buy was $18 I think. Aren't we lucky....

I think the retail was $50 at the time, and my buy was $18 I think. Aren't we lucky....

Yeah but $18 (NZ) = $0.75 (US) so you paid an excellent price.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

So tell us what is the great efficiency rating on that Ryco Syntec and what do they cost you?e

More details here
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4087434/

Anyone live near Norwood, South Aus ? This place has well priced Syntecs
Z9ST ..$16.99
Z154ST.. $13.99
Z160ST..$16.99
Z386ST..$12.99
Z411ST..$14.99
Z418ST ..$12.99
Z436ST..$13.99
Z516ST..$19.99
R2605PST..$12.99

Mate, you're just trying to cover for over tightening your filter aren't you?...

That is a good price for Ryco Syntec oil filters.

Given my Holden owners manual says I can use a regular paper media oil filter for 15,000 KM then I would happily take a Syntec to 20,000 KM, especially if I was running a full synthetic A3/B4 oil. In theory anyway, in reality I'm in a pattern at changing oil & filter every 10,000 KM.

Originally Posted By: Pterostylis

Mate, you're just trying to cover for over tightening your filter aren't you?...

Whot ? I don't even remember where the filter is on my car now, I'll have to check in the manual when I do change it.

The Syntecs were so overpriced no one would buy one, the price had to come down. The manager didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for a Syntec at our local Repco, they had never sold one. I had to get the Skyline driving counter guy to sort one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back