Dexos1 vs Dexos2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

The car is, Daewoo Nexia 1.5L, G15MF Engine, 2006. According to wikipedia, the engine was manufactured between 1996-2000.
I am offered 2 different versions of Motul 5w30. One with dexos1 and the other with dexos2 specification.
Can you please say the difference between dexos1 and dexos2 specification? And which one should i use ?

Regards.

I think dexos2 is for diesels.....dexos1 for gassers (aka: petrol)....dexos1 gen2 for GDI turbo gassers....I'd use the dexos1 in your case.

Dexos 2 is spec for all gassers in some if not all parts of Europe. It has a higher HTHS and is superior to fuel efficient Dexos 1.
Use Dexos 2 in your area.

Originally Posted By: dogememe
Dexos1 is for gasoline engines, Dexos2 for diesel. Dexos1Gen2 is the latest version of Dexos1.

Correct, Trav is incorrect for.U.S.A. stuff
smile.gif

Seems to me dexos2 would be better in a gasser than d1G2 based on this

I have often pondered this question myself.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brigadier
Seems to me dexos2 would be better in a gasser than d1G2 based on this

I have often pondered this question myself.

I will take lower piston deposits than a minuscule MPG increase any day.

I've been seeing all these thread from the evil empire themselves, Exxon Mobil, that their oils were meeting Dexos spec as far back as 2010, you know what, I'm calling bologna.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Dexos 2 is spec for all gassers in some if not all parts of Europe. It has a higher HTHS and is superior to fuel efficient Dexos 1.
Use Dexos 2 in your area.

I'd agree with Trav, unless the gasoline is very poor there. If it's ULSG, dexos2 will work fine. If there is no ULSG, dexos1 would work, but A3/B4 might be a better option.

I thought Albania joined the EU with the 10ppm sulfur limit but if not definitely an A3/B4 oil would be great and preferable to Dexos 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back